October 7
10月7日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Megan remembers homecoming in high school.
梅根記得高中的返校慶典,
It lasted for a whole week.
它持續了一整個禮拜。
Students dressed up to show their school spirit.
學生們會特別打扮來展示學校精神。
One day was pajama day.
有一天是睡衣日,
Everyone wore their pajamas to school.
每個人都穿睡衣去學校;
The students decorated the school in the school colors.
學生們還用學校的代表色來裝飾學校;
And they crowned a homecoming queen.
他們還替一位返校皇后加冕。
Conversation A (in the Jungle Cafe)
會話A(在叢林咖啡館)
How was homecoming at the university, Susie?
蘇希,那個大學的返校慶典怎么樣?
It was a lot of fun.
非常好玩,
But we lost the big game.
但是我們輸了那場重要的球賽。
That's too bad.
太可惜了,
Everyone hates to lose that game.
大家都很討厭輸掉那場球賽。
I never went to homecoming at my university.
我從來沒去過我大學的返校慶典,
But homecoming in high school was lots of fun.
但是高中的返校慶典就非常好玩。
Yes, it was. I remember.
是,我記得,真的很好玩。
Homecoming lasted for a whole week.
返校慶持續了一整個星期。
And we did something fun every day.
我們每一天都做些有趣的事。
Conversation B
會話B
At my high school, we dressed up on some days.
在我的高中,有幾天我們會特別打扮。
I remember! Everyone wanted to show their school spirit.
我記得!每個人都想要展現學校的精神。
One day at my school, everyone wore the school colors.
有一天在我的學校,每個人都穿學校的代表色。
And one day at my school was pajama day.
在我的學校還有一天是睡衣日,
Everyone wore their pajamas to school.
每個人都穿睡衣去學校。
Even the teachers?
甚至老師嗎?
Yes! But we still had to go to class and learn things.
對啊!但是我們還是要上課學習。
Conversation C
會話C
Did your schools choose a homecoming queen?
你的學校有選出一位返校皇后嗎?
Yes. We crowned her at the football game.
有,我們在足球賽上為她加冕。
We did that, too.
我們也是這么做。
And we always decorated our school in the school colors.
而且我們總是用學校的代表色來裝飾學校。
So did we.
我們也是,
My school colors were orange and black.
我的學校代表色是橘色和黑色。
Those aren't my favorite colors.
那些不是我最喜歡的顏色。
They aren't mine either.
也不是我的,
But I wore them to show my school spirit.
但是我還是穿它們來展現學校精神。
Especially at homecoming!
特別是在返校慶的時候!