October 3
10月3日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Blake bought several things at the hardware store.
布雷克在五金行買了好幾樣東西。
He got paint for his walls.
他買了刷墻壁的油漆,
The store sells wood, so he bought some.
店里也有賣木材,所以他買了一些,
He might be able to build something with it.
他可能用木材做一些東西。
He will need a repairman for some things, though.
不過他需要一位修理工修理幾個東西,
There are cracks in his ceiling.
他的天花板上有些裂縫,
Blake can't repair those.
布雷克沒辦法修理那個。
Conversation A (at the hardware store)
會話A(在五金行)
Hey, Blake. Where is Jim?
嘿,布雷克。吉姆在哪里?
Jim is still at work.
吉姆還在工作,
He will come over later to help me.
他稍晚會過來幫我。
Great! What do we need to find first?
太好了!我們要先找什么?
I need to find some nails.
我需要找些釘子,
I have a hammer at home.
我家里有個榔頭。
That's easy. What else?
那很容易。還有呢?
I need paint.
我需要油漆,
The walls in my apartment look really old and dirty.
我公寓的墻壁看起來舊又臟。
Some fresh paint will really help.
新油漆會有所幫助。
Conversation B
會話B
Oh, look! They sell wood here.
喔,你看!他們這里有賣木材,
Maybe I can build something.
或許我可以做個什么東西。
What would you build?
你想要做什么東西呢?
A small table. Then I can paint it!
一張小桌子,然后我可以漆上顏色,
I'll get a few pieces.
我來買個幾片。
Do you need anything else?
你還需要其他的東西嗎?
There are some cracks in my ceiling.
我的天花板上有幾個裂縫,
But I might not be able to fix those.
但是我可能沒辦法修補那些地方。
Yeah. You might need a repairman.
是啊,你可能需要一位修理工。
Conversation C (in the Jungle Cafe)
會話C(在叢林咖啡館)
Mark, how did your trip to the hardware store go?
馬克,你去五金行看得如何?
It went well.
蠻順利的。
Blake bought a lot of things.
布雷克買了很多東西。
Can he repair everything in his apartment?
他能修理公寓里所有的東西嗎?
Or will he need help?
還是他需要幫忙?
He might need a repairman.
他可能需要一位修理工。
I know a good repairman.
我認識一位很好的修理工,
I can give Blake his number.
我可以給布雷克他的電話。
Blake would really like that!
布雷克會很想要的!