Lesson 70. A Promise Is a Promise
第70課 君子一言,駟馬難追
Larry is talking to his classmate, Hedy. (L= Larry; H=Hedy)
賴瑞正在和他的同學海蒂談話。
Hi, Hedy! What seems to be bothering you?
嗨, 海蒂!好像有什么事情煩著你?
I don't understand why my boyfriend finds it so hard to keep his word.
我不懂為何我的男友會覺得說話算話那么難。
What has he done this time?
他這次干了什么好事?
Well, he made a date with me to see a movie last night, but he stood me up.
嗯, 他昨晚約我去看電影但是他讓我空等了。
What a lousy guy!
真是個差勁的家伙!
I know. And there's nothing worse than to be in love with such a guy.
我知道。而且沒有比愛上這種家伙更糟的事了。
Why don't you just dump him?
你何不就把他給甩了?
I can't.
我做不到。
Why not?
為什么?
I promised I'd never leave him. And a promise is a promise.
我答應過他我絕不會離開他的。君子一言, 駟馬難追。
Oh, boy.
哦, 天啊!