Lesson 68 Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover
第68課 勿以貌取人
Lily is talking to her singer friend, Chad.
莉莉正在和她當歌手的朋友查德聊天。
L: Chad, what a lucky guy you are!
莉莉:查德,你真是個幸運的家伙!
C: What do you mean?
查德:怎么說呢?
L: Well, you've got everything a person could ask for: a lovely family, money and fame.
莉莉:嗯,你已經有了一個人所能希求的一切:一個美滿的家庭,財富和名聲
C: Nothing's as wonderful as it seems.
查德:事情并不像表面看來那么美好。
L: But such a successful man as you must surely be happy.
莉莉:但是像你這么成功的人一定很快樂。
C: Not really, I'm so busy that I don't live a normal life.
查德:不見得。我忙得生活作息都不正常。
L: Anyway, I wouldn't mind being in your shoes.
莉莉:不管怎么說,要我換作是你那樣我也不反對。
C: And I would love to be able to live as simple a life as you do.
查德:而我非常希望能過和你一樣單純的生活。
L: I guess you should never judge a book by its cover.
莉莉:我想我們不應該以貌取人。
C: How right you are!
查德:你說的對極了!