上期聽力中英文本如下:
Dialogue :
XiaoGao:So did you study for the test today? I was up all night studying for it, I hope I get a good grade.
小高:你認真看書準備考試了嗎?我最晚熬了一宿,希望能考個好成績呀!
JingJing:Test? What test? I didn’t know we had a test today!
京晶:考試?什么考試?我不知道我們今天有考試呀!
XiaoGao:Haha! April Fools! I was just yanking your chain. The test is next week!
小高:哈哈,愚人節快樂!我剛才跟你開玩笑呢!是下周考試呢!
JingJing:Oh thank heavens! You scared me! What is April Fool’s Day anyway?
京晶:哎呀我的媽呀!不帶這么嚇人的呢!那啥,到底什么是愚人節啊!
XiaoGao:April Fool’s Day is traditionally held on the first of April. People play practical jokes on their friends and loved ones, just like I did to you!
小高:按照傳統,四月愚人節就在四月的第一天,人們會跟朋友和關系親密的人開開玩笑,就像我剛才跟你鬧著玩兒那樣。
JingJing:Does the whole world celebrate it?
京晶:全世界都慶祝這個節日嗎?
XiaoGao: A lot of countries do. For example, New Zealand, Ireland, the UK and South Africa only play jokes until noon. Sometimes, newspapers will have a hoax in the morning articles. In other countries, like America, France, and Italy, the jokes last all day.
小高:許多國家都慶祝呢!比如,新西蘭,愛爾蘭,英國,南非,這些國家人們之間開玩笑不會超過中午。有時候,報紙會在早間版文章中來個惡作劇。在另外一些國家,比如美國、法國、意大利,玩笑可以持續一整天。
JingJing:So how did this crazy holiday start? What’s the history behind April Fool’s Day?
京晶:那這個瘋狂的節日是如何開始的呢?愚人節的歷史是怎樣的呢?
XiaoGao:The actual origin of April Fool’s Day is kind a grey area. The earliest association between the first of April and foolishness can be traced back to the year 1392.
小高:愚人節真實的起源其實是不太確定的。不過4月1號和愚人的聯系最早可以追溯到1392年。
JingJing:Cool! Can you tell me some funny hoaxes that you’ve heard about?
京晶:不錯,那…能不能告訴我一些你聽過的有趣的惡作劇?
XiaoGao:In 1957, BBC ran a famous hoax about a tree that grew noodles on it. After that, a lot of people called the television station wanting to know how to grow their own noodle tree.
小高:在1957年,英國的BBC電視臺開了一個著名的玩笑,一棵樹上長出面條了。聽了這則消息后,人們紛紛打電話給電視臺詢問如何在樹上種面條。
JingJing:That’s interesting. I think you better watch your back today. I’m determined to seek revenge!
京晶:有意思,不過你今天最好小心點兒,我可是會報仇的哦!
XiaoGao:Good luck. You’ll never fool me!
小高:祝你好運!想整我沒那么容易!
New words for dialogue:
April Fools! =said to someone to tell them that you have played an April Fool’s joke on them 愚人節快樂!
Yank someone’s chain = to joke with someone 跟某人開玩笑
Thank heavens! =said when you are relieved about something 謝天謝地
Practical joke = a trick played on someone to make them look foolish and amuse others 開玩笑
Hoax = a humorous deception 惡作劇
Origin = the starting point of something 起源
Grey area =something that is not certain or clear 模糊的,不清楚的,不確定的
Watch your back =be careful, something might happen to you 小心點兒
Seek revenge =hurt or harm someone because they hurt or !harmed you 復仇