本期文章:紀伯倫《先知The Prophet·論時間On Time 》
錄制地點:美國 西雅圖
墊樂:
Tennessee Waltz- Patti Page
敘事曲-奇普里安.波隆貝斯庫
Like The Wind-神思者

“西方文化是求知的,追求邏輯與理性;東方文化是審美的,追求自然與天人合一。紀伯倫的出現,是這兩種文化的完美結合。在他的作品中,既能尋求到理性的智慧,又能體會到感性的優雅。不自覺的會想,紀伯倫是一個承載了多少愛的人才能讓他成就如此著作。”在西雅圖求學的北京姑娘-麒靜這樣描述對紀伯倫的感受。
紀伯倫的散文詩著作《先知The Prophet》被稱為“東方贈送給西方最好的禮物”。今天,麒靜在西雅圖為你帶來這份禮物-《先知The Prophet》中的《論時間On Time》

On Time
論時光
Kahlil Gibran
紀·哈·紀伯倫
And an astronomer said, "Master, what of Time?"
一位天文學家說,“大師,時間是怎么回事呢?”
And he answered:
他答道:

You would measure time the measureless and the immeasurable.
你要測量那不可測量,不能量的時間。
You would adjust your conduct and even direct the course of your spirit according to hours and seasons.
你要按照時長與季候,來調適你的舉止,引導你的精神。
Of time you would make a stream upon whose bank you would sit and watch its flowing.
你要把時光當作一條水,你要坐在岸旁,看他流逝。

Yet the timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness,
但那在你里面無時間性的“我”,卻覺悟到生命的無窮。
And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.
也知道昨日只是今日的回憶,而明日只是今日的夢想。
And that that which sings and contemplates in you is still dwelling within the bounds of that first moment which scattered the stars into space.
那在你里面歌唱著,默想著的,是仍住在那第一刻在太空散步群星的圈子里。

Who among you does not feel that his power to love is boundless?
你們中間誰不覺得他的愛的能力是無窮的呢?
And yet who does not feel that very love, though boundless, encompassed within the center of his being, and moving not from love thought to love thought, nor from love deeds to other love deeds?
又有誰不覺得那愛,雖是無窮,卻是在他本身的中心繞行,不是從這愛的思念,移到那愛的思念,也不從這愛的行為移到那愛的行為么?

And is not time even as love is, undivided and spaceless?
而且時光豈不也像愛,是不可分析,沒有罅隙的么?
But if in your thought you must measure time into seasons, let each season encircle all the other seasons,
但若在你的意想里,你定要把時光分成季候,那就讓一個季候繞圍住其余的季候。

And let today embrace the past with remembrance and the future with longing.
也讓今日的回憶擁抱著過去,用希望擁抱著未來。