
I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard that I expected of myself.
我對沒有達到自己期許的標準感到失望。
I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family.
現在我要用時間重新贏得家人的信任。
Moments ago Eliot Spitzer announced that he will step down effective next Monday...forced from office after he's linked to a pricey prostitution ring.
就在剛才,由于涉及高級賣淫集團而被迫下臺的艾略特史畢澤宣布辭職,辭呈下周一生效。
A judge refuses to dismiss the indictment against alleged Manhattan madam, Kristin Davis.
法官拒絕撤銷起訴曼哈頓夫人——克莉絲汀?戴維斯。
When New York governor, Eliot Spitzer, was caught patronizing high-end escorts, agency owner Kristin Davis went down with him.
當紐約州長,艾略特?史畢澤被發現光顧高級伴游女郎經紀公司后,老板克莉絲汀?戴維斯也被拖下水。
Davis was arrested in March after police say a neighbor tipped them off.
戴維斯在三月被捕,警方說是因為鄰居舉報了他。
What interested me in particular about the sex industry is the economics of it.
我對性產業特別有興趣的地方是它的經擠效益。
I came from a business background and it is a recession-proof industry.
我出身企業界,伴游業是永不衰退的產業。
There's a reason why it's called the world's oldest profession.
作為世上最古老的行業一定有它存在的的理由。
Kristin didn't set out to be a madam.
克麗絲汀并非一開始就當老鴇。
She was introduced to the sex industry while working at a multi-million-dollar hedge fund.
她剛接觸性產業時是數百萬美元避險基金的管理人。
Within my week number two, I was asked to book a VIP trip to Vegas for the portfolio manager and to get strippers and to talk about body rub places they could go after hours...and sometimes that included having to book their escorts and that sort of thing.
我上班第二個星期上司要我幫投資組合經理訂一趟賭城豪華貴賓行程,找脫衣舞娘和洽談他們下班后的按摩地點...有時還要幫他們預定伴游女郎之類的。
Kristin started one of New York's most successful escort agencies, and became known as the Manhattan madam.
克麗絲汀創立了紐約最成功的伴游公司,人稱曼哈頓夫人。
She says her agency earned millions each year.
她說公司每年進賬數百萬美元。
High-end prostitution is seen as glamorous.
外界認為高級妓女光鮮亮麗。
People cannot fathom why someone would pay over a thousand dollars an hour for somebody's time.
大家不懂為什么有人肯花上千元請別人陪他一小時。
Once they hear that, now their next question is: What's the girl like? Or, what are they getting for that amount?
聽到這種事,他們馬上會問:小姐長的怎么樣?或者,這些錢能買到什么?
Lube. Good lube. Lots of it. Odorless, tasteless...the necessities...condoms.
潤滑劑,不錯的潤滑劑,有很多。無臭無味的避孕套是必備之物。
Condoms-lots of condoms. Lots of condoms. Sometimes we use rope.
避孕套。-很多的避孕套。很多避孕套,但有時我們也玩SM。
Large portable vibrator, rechargeable for the ladies.
女士用的大個的便攜式充電振動器。
As an escort, Sarah sees both men and couples who come to Las Vegas looking for a good time.
身為伴游的莎拉,看到過兩個男人和一對夫妻到賭城來找樂子。
Yeah, cuffs,....
對呀,手銬...
So this is your mental checklist. This is kind of... This is what you bring in your brief...briefcase? -Exactly.
這都是你的精神利器吧。這有點...這就是你用手提包裝的東西?-必須的。
The vibrator, the condoms, the lube, the handcuffs, the rope. This is in your briefcase? -This is in my briefcase, yes.
有振動器,避孕套,潤滑油還有手銬,繩子,這都是你手提包里的嗎?-這些都是我手提包里的,是的。
You enjoy what you do? -Absolutely. Oh, yeah.
你很享受你的工作吧?-必須的。
When I was talking about you, I said prostitute before, do you not like that term?
我跟你談話時,說妓女這個稱謂你會介意嗎?
It doesn't bother me. It's technical like accountant.
這不會影響我,跟會計一樣這只是個稱呼。
Yeah, it doesn't bother me. I mean, I know what I am, it doesn't stir me.
對,它不會對我造成困擾。我的意思是,我知道自己是做什么的,但這稱呼刺激不了我。