
Prostitution is illegal in most of the United States, but if you look online, countless Web sites appear to sell sex.
全美各州大多禁止賣淫,但如果你上網搜索,你會發現多不勝數的網站似乎都在賣淫。
One after the other after the other after the other...
一個接著一個再接著一個...
You can have your pick of blondes, brunettes, redheads, couples, strippers, party girls and of course escorts.
你可以選金發女郎,深褐色頭發女郎,紅發女郎,雙飛,脫衣舞娘,派對女郎,當然還有伴游女郎。
And we basically want to find out who these girls are and, uh, how this whole escort business operates.
總的來說我們想查出這些小姐是誰?這整個伴游業事如何營運的。
Well, I don't have sex for money. I spend time with men for money. The sex is always free.
我不賣淫。我是靠陪伴男人賺錢。上床都是免費的。
This is Amanda Brooks escort and author of the Internet Escort's Handbook.
這是阿曼達?布魯克斯——一名伴游女郎,也是網絡伴游手冊的作者。
Amanda teaches women how to break into the business of independent escorting.
亞曼達教女人如何進入獨立伴游業。
First of all, selling your time for money is not illegal. Doctors and lawyers do it every single day.
首先,販賣時間不違法。醫師和律師每天都靠出售時間賺錢。
What is illegal is prostitution, which is selling sex for money.
違法的是賣淫,就是出賣性行為賺錢。
So, no, you can't go and advertise and say, I'll give you a blow job for $50.
因此,你不能到處去說,我吹簫一次$50。
No, that's totally illegal and if you get arrested for that, you kind of walked into it.
不,那是百分之百違法的,如果你因此被捕,那是你自找的。
In the online market for prostitution, thousands of escort Web sites are carefully worded.
在線上的賣淫市場,幾千個伴游網站用字遣詞小心翼翼。
Sex is rarely offered, and clients are expected to read between the lines.
很少網站直接提供賣淫服務,顧客要能看懂弦外之音。
For women who want to stick out from the pack, there's plenty of competition.
女人如果想成為個中翹楚,這一行的競爭很激烈。
Girls have to be very competitive no matter what niche they're in right now, being on top of your business, being on top of your marketing and advertising.
現在各行各業的女孩都必須很有競爭力,必須精通自己的行業,精通市場營銷和廣告。
I don't think I've ever done anything this sophisticated, actually.
事實上我從未做過像拍照這樣如此復雜的事。
Today, Amanda's getting new photos for her Web site.
今天,亞曼達要給網站拍新照片。
One, two, three...that was beautiful.
一,二,三...美極了。
The demand for escorts is huge and we're talking the entire gamut.
伴游的需求量極大,我們說的是整個市場領域。
That's beautiful.
(這張照片)好美。
But generally, 80 to 90 percent of the clients are married.
但通常,八到九成的客戶是已婚人士。
Oh, that was great! One, two, three...
哦,好極了!一,二,三...
Marriage is great for business because the men realize that they're missing something...and, we're a lot better than an affair because we're not going to go in there and, you know, try to take him away from his kids.
婚姻對業績大有幫助,因為男人了解到他們錯過了什么...而我們比外遇好多了,因為我們不會把他從小孩身邊搶走。
We're not going to try to go in there and try to make him marry us. We're very safe.
我們不會去他們家逼他們跟我們結婚。跟我們在一起很安全。