And it turns out, everywhere in the world, women need more self-confidence,because the world tells us we're not equal to men.
我們發現,在世界上任何地方 女性也要擁有更多的自信因為社會告訴我們和男性并不平等。
Everywhere in the world, we live in a world where the men get and, and women get or.
在世界的任何角落,我們也生活在 一個男性可兼顧家庭事業的社會而女性必須兩者選擇其一。
I've never met a man who's been asked how he does it all.
我從沒見過一個男的被問及 怎樣做到兩者兼顧。
Again, I'm going to turn to the men in the audience:
我再來問問現埸的男觀眾吧。
Please raise your hand if you've been asked, how do you do it all?
如果你曾被問及怎么做到兩者兼顧的請舉手。
Men only.
僅限男性。
Women, women. Please raise your hand if you've been asked how you do it all?
女性,女性, 如果曾被問 怎么做到兩者兼顧的請舉手。
We assume men can do it all, slash-have jobs and children.
我們假定男性可以做到-同時兼顧工作和孩子。
We assume women can't, and that's ridiculous,because the great majority of women everywhere in the world, including the United States,work full time and have children.
總是假定女性做不到,這是荒謬的因為全世界絕大多數的女性,包括美國的都在全職工作并且有孩子。
And I think people don't fully understand how broad the message is.
我想大家不了解這個概念多么廣泛。
There is a circle that's been started for rescued sex workers in Miami.
在邁阿密,有一個 為性工作者而成立的小組。
They're using Lean In to help people make the transition back to what would be a fair life, really rescuing them from their pimps, and using it.
她們用向前一步的概念 幫助其他人改變人生回歸正常生活 并從皮條客手中拯救出來。
There are dress-for-success groups in Texas which are using the book, for women who have never been to college.
一些在德克薩斯州名為為成功著裝的團體,她們利用這本書幫助未受過大學教育的女性。
And we know there are groups all the way to Ethiopia.
我們知道遠在埃塞俄比亞也有小組 所以這些關于平等的信息。
And so these messages of equality-of how women are told they can't have what men can have how we assume that leadership is for men, how we assume that voice is for men, these affect all of us, and I think they are very universal.
女性被灌輸一種思想: 無法得到男性擁有的東西。我們認為領導力屬于男性的 我們認為話語權也屬于男性這些都影響著我們所有人 而且這種想法相當普遍。
And it's part of what TEDWomen does.
這也是TEDWomen所做工作的一部分。
It unites all of us in a cause we have to believe in,which is more women, more voice, more equality.
它通過一個共同信念把我們團結起來即是更多女性、更多聲音、更平等。
If you were invited now to make another TEDWomen talk, what would you say that is a result of this experience, for you personally,and what you've learned about women, and men, as you've made this journey?
如果你再次被邀請 做另一個 TEDWomen 演講。你會說些什么,對你個人來說 這場經歷有什么結果?當你經歷了一切后,關于女人和男人你學到了什么?
I think I would say-I tried to say this strongly, but I think I can say it more strongly I want to say that the status quo is not enough.
我想說 我強調。我想可以強調這點,我想說的是,現時狀況并不理想。
That it's not good enough, that it's not changing quickly enough.
一切還不夠好,轉變還不夠快。
Since I gave my TED Talk and published my book, another year of data came out from the U.S. Census.
從我上次TED演說和我的書出版后 美國統計局又出了新一年的數據。
And you know what we found?
你知道發現了什么嗎?
No movement in the wage gap for women in the United States.
美國女性與男性之間的 工資差距沒有變化。
Seventy-seven cents to the dollar.
兩性工資仍是 77 美分比 1 美元。
If you are a black woman, 64 cents.
如果你是黑人女性 則是 64 美分比 1 美元。
If you are a Latina, we're at 54 cents.
如果你是拉丁裔 則是 54 美分比 1 美元。
Do you know when the last time those numbers went up?
你知道這些比例上一次 有所提高是什么時候?
We are stagnating, we are stagnating in so many ways.
我們一直在各方面停滯不前。
And I think we are not really being honest about that,for so many reasons. It's so hard to talk about gender.
而且我認為我們對這問題 從來也不夠坦誠原因不勝枚舉 對性別的談論是如此艱難。
We shy away from the word feminist, a word I really think we need to embrace.
我們羞于女權主義者這個詞匯 我卻認為應該欣然接受它。
We have to get rid of the word bossy and bring back.
反而該停用專橫跋扈帶回。
I think I would say in a louder voice, we need to get rid of the word bossy nd bring back the word feminist, because we need it.
我想更大聲地說 應該停止使用專橫這個詞而把女權主義者帶回來 因為我們需要它。
And we all need to do a lot more leaning in.
我們全部都需要向前一步。
SS: A lot more leaning in.
向前一步。
PM: Thank you, Sheryl.
謝謝你!謝樂爾!
Thanks for leaning in and saying yes.
謝謝你的向前一步,和我們一同分享。
Thank you.
謝謝。