Lesson 102. Old Wives' Tales
第102課 無稽之談
Connie and Willy are talking about the previous lesson.
康妮和威利正在談論先前那一課。
C: Do you believe what they say about chili peppers?
康妮:你相信他們所說的有關紅辣椒的事嗎?
W: Frankly speaking, I don't.
威利:坦白說,我不相信。
The last time I got hurt playing soccer, my mom told me not to eat anything spicy.
上次我踢足球受傷時,我老媽告訴我別吃任何辛辣的東西。
She said it will irritate the wound.
她說那會刺激傷口。
C: My mom is the same. For example, according to her, eating fish eyes is good for the eyes.
康妮:我媽也是這樣。舉個例子來說,根據她的說法,吃魚的眼鏡對視力有益。
W: If you think that's weird, listen to this.
威利:如果你認為那很怪異,聽聽這個。
My mom says eating pigs' brains makes you smart.
我的媽媽說吃豬腦能使人聰明。
C: Are you kidding? Frankly speaking, I don't believe in any of these of wives' tales.
康妮:你在開玩笑嗎?坦白說,我不相信任何這些無稽之談。
W: I wish you would tell that to my mom. I'm sick of eating pigs' brains.
威利:我希望你能這么告訴我老媽。我對吃豬腦已經很厭煩了。
C: Poor guy!
康妮:可憐的家伙!
W: Don't tell anyone, OK? Or I'll never hear the end of it .
威利:別告訴任何人好嗎?否則我的耳根就別想清凈了。
C: Ok. It doesn't work anyway.
康妮:好吧。反正那也沒什么用。
W: What do you mean?
威利:你這句話是什么意思?
C: I'm only kidding. You're at least as smart as a pig.
康妮:只是開玩笑罷了。你至少聰明得像頭豬。