And more so than most,he saw the highs and the lows,the celebrations and the disappointments.
很多時候,他看到我生活的起伏,成功和失敗。
And on one particularly dark day for me,Jason sat down and he wrote an email.
在我非常難過的一天里,詹森坐下來給我寫了封郵件。。
He was encouraging,but firm.
他在鼓勵我,但態度很果斷。
And when he hit send,he probably didn't realize what a difference it would make.
當他點擊發送時,他大概沒有意識到這封郵件對我產生的影響。
It mattered to me.
它對我意義非凡。
In that moment and still today when I doubt,when I feel afraid.
在那一刻還有今天。當我懷疑時,當我感到害怕時,
When I need to reconnect with that feeling,I remember his words,they were so powerful.
當我需要重新恢復那個信念時,我想起他的話。他的話是如此有力。
There is only time enough to iron your cape and back to the skies for you.
你有足夠的時間鑄造斗篷飛回屬于你的天空。”
Because that's what being a superhero is all about.
因為這就是超人要做的事。
There is only time enough RD:to iron your cape and back to the skies for you.
你有足夠的時間鑄造斗篷飛回屬于你的天空。
And remember,be nice to nerds.
記住對書呆子好點兒。
Thank you. Thank you.
謝謝。
Regina, thank you.
瑞姬娜,謝謝。
I have a couple of questions.
我有幾個問題。
So that glider of yours,the Mach 20 glider,the first one, no control, it ended up in the Pacific I think somewhere.
那么,你的滑翔機,那個20馬赫的滑翔機,第一架,無操控,我想是在太平洋的某個地方消失了吧。
RD: Yeah, yeah. It did. (What happened on that second flight?)
沒錯。是這樣。(那第二架呢?)
Yeah, it also went into the Pacific. (But this time under control?) We didn't fly it into the Pacific.
沒錯,第二架也掉進太平洋了(但這次是在操控下?)我們沒把它飛進太平洋。
No, there are multiple portions of the trajectory that are demanding in terms of really flying at that speed.
不,飛行軌道有多個部分。如果真的以那個速度飛行,要求會非常高。
And so in the second flight,we were able to get three minutes of fully aerodynamic control of the vehicle before we lost it.
所以在第二次飛行中在墜機前我們做到了3分鐘對滑翔機的全氣動控制。
CA: I imagine you're not planning to open up to passenger service from New York to Long Beach anytime soon.
那我估計你們還沒打算在近期提供從紐約到長灘的乘客服務。
It might be a little warm.
可能會太暖和。
What do you picture that glider being used for?
你能描述一下那個滑翔機的用途?
Well our responsibility is to develop the technology for this.
呃,我們的責任是開發這種滑翔機的技術。
How it's ultimately used will be determined by the military.
最終用途將由軍隊決定。
Now the purpose of the vehicle though,the purpose of the technology,is to be able to reach anywhere in the world in less than 60 minutes.
目前這個滑翔機的用途。這項技術的用途是能在60分鐘內抵達世界任何一個地方。