Lesson 94. As Poor AS a Church Mouse
第94課 一貧如洗
Anna and Eric are talking about the previous lesson.
安娜和艾力克正在討論前一課。
E: Wow! Those store clerks really got lucky.
艾力克:哇!那些店員真是走運。
A: You can say that again. Some people are born lucky.
安娜:我完全同意。有些人天生就是運氣好。
E: There must be thousands of old men just like that doctor, I bet.
艾力克:我敢打賭一定有成千上萬的老人和那個醫師一樣。
A: That's probably true. And they must be wanting to draw up a will to give their money away, too.
安娜:可能吧。而且他們一定也想要立遺囑把他們的錢給別人。
So the next time you meet a lonely old man, you'd better treat him right.
所以下次你遇到孤獨的老人時最好要好好對待他。
E: Come on! What kind of person do you think I am?
艾力克:得了吧!你以為我是那種人嗎?
A: Don't get so mad! I'm just kidding! Besides, you might not be so lucky and come across my old uncle, Jake.
安娜:別那么生氣嘛!我只是在開玩笑!而且你可能運氣很背而遇到我那老叔叔杰克。
E: What do you mean?
艾力克:你這話什么意思?
A: He's as poor as a church mouse!
安娜:他是個窮光蛋!