Lesson 92. Only the Good Die Young
第92課 好人不長命
Diana bumps into her friend, Steve.
戴安娜和她的朋友史蒂夫不期而遇。
D: Hi, Steve! It's awful hot today, isn't it?
戴安娜:嗨,史蒂夫!今天熱死人了,是不是?
S: You can say that again!
史蒂夫:你說的一點兒也沒錯!
D: Let's go kayaking later.
戴安娜:我們待會兒去劃獨木舟吧。
S: Are you kidding? I can't even swim.
史蒂夫:你在開玩笑嗎?我連游泳都不會。
D: So what? You'll be safe with a life jacket and a helmet on.
戴安娜:那又怎么樣?穿上救生衣和戴上安全帽你就萬無一失了。
S: What if the kayak capsizes?
史蒂夫:如果獨木舟翻過來怎么辦?
D: I'll teach you to "Eskimo roll."
戴安娜:我會教你“愛斯基摩翻滾”。
S: What's that?
史蒂夫:那是什么東西呀?
D: Well, it's a special technique we use to get the kayak upright when it overturns.
戴安娜:嗯,那是獨木舟翻覆時所用的一種使獨木舟翻正的特殊技巧。
S: I don't know… it sounds pretty dangerous.
史蒂夫:我不知道......聽起來蠻危險的。
D: Come on. Don't worry. Only the good die young.
戴安娜:好了啦。別擔心,只有好人不長命。
S: What do you mean by that?
史蒂夫:你這話什么意思?
D: Just kidding. Let's go. OK?
戴安娜:只是開玩笑。我們走吧,好不好?
S: Ok. Anyway, if only the good die young, we'll both probably live to be a hundred.
史蒂夫:好吧。反正如果只有好人不長命,那我們兩個大概都會活到100歲。