Here in Siberia and elsewhere across the globe,it is so cold that the ground is constantly frozen.
在西伯利亞等嚴寒地區因氣候寒冷大地常年被冰凍。
It's known as permafrost.
稱為永久凍土帶。
Under its surface lies a climatic time bomb: methane,a greenhouse gas 20 times more powerful than carbon dioxide.
在它的地表下的是一顆氣候定時炸彈:甲烷。它比二氧化碳的溫室效應強二十倍。
If the permafrost melts, the methane released...
如果永久凍土融化 釋出的甲烷。
would cause the greenhouse effect to race out of control,with consequences no one can predict.
會令溫室效應加劇而無法控制產生無法預料的后果。
We would literally be in unknown territory.
我們也許會處于未知地帶。
Humanity has no more than 10 years to reverse the trend...
人類只有十年時間逆轉暖化趨勢。
And avoid crossing into this territory life on Earth as we have never known it.
以免人類闖入這未知地帶并過上從未試過的生活滋味。
We have created phenomena we cannot control.
我們炮制了自已都無法控制的現像。
Since our origins, water, air and forms of life are intimately linked.
從我們起源開始,水,空氣和生命形態都密切相連。
But recently, we have broken those links.
但近年來這些連結已經遭到破壞。
Let's face the facts.
讓我們面對事實。
We must believe what we know.
我們要信自已的知識。
All that we have just seen is a reflection of human behavior.
我們剛才看到的一切是人類行為的反映。
We have shaped the Earth in our image.
我們按自已的想象改變了地球。
We have very little time to change.
我們只有很少時間去作出改變。
How can this century carry the burden of nine billion human beings...
這個世紀怎能肩負九十億人的重擔?
If we refuse to be called to account for everything we alone have done?
如果我們拒絕,為自已的所作所為負責。