I blanched.
我臉色發白。
veins
靜脈(vein的復數);[木] 紋理
In his veins dances the blood of hero.
他的血管里沸騰著英雄的熱血。
The veins empty themselves into the heart.
血管里的血液流入心臟。
I can handle it.
我能把握住。
insanity
瘋狂;精神錯亂;精神病;愚頑
This kind of risk borders on insanity.
這種冒險接近瘋狂。
In her defense Halen alleged temporary insanity.
在答辯中,海倫提出一時的精神錯亂為借口。
speculative
投機的;推測的;思索性的
So one of the things that agilists do we document stable concepts and not speculative concepts.
所以,敏捷人員所做的一件事就是為我們證明穩定的概念而非投機的概念。
“We have to find a new way — or maybe it’s an old way — to stimulate enough demand for the economy to do what it’s supposed to do without speculative excess, ” Mr. Bernstein said.
“我們必須找到一條新的途徑——這也許是一種古老的方式——刺激足夠的需求,使經濟無需經受過度投機造成的惡果,讓它做它應該做的事情,”伯恩斯坦說。
triumphant
成功的;得意洋洋的;狂歡的
The next four, or eight, years may be a disappointment, a triumphant renewal or something in between.
未來四年或八年可能會帶來一場失望,一個成功的重生或介于兩者之間。
The next four, or eight, years may be a disappointment, a triumphant renewal or something in between.
下一個四年,或者是八年可能是一個失望的或者是成功的改革或者是兩者之間的。
on my deathbed
臨終之時
And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed my self first, then by example I would have changed my family.
現在,當我躺在床上等待死亡時,我突然意識到,要是我只改變我自己,以自己為榜樣也許能改變我的家人。
Unfortunately, my decision to have Phil deliver the Macworld keynote set off another flurry of rumors about my health, with some even publishing stories of me on my deathbed.
不幸的是,我讓菲爾·施勒爾(Phil Schiller)發表主題演講的決定卻再次引來了關于我的健康問題的非議,甚至有人傳言稱我已經病入膏肓。
compromise
妥協;危害
Compromise makes for success in negotiations.
妥協有助于談判的成功。
I am prepared to make some concession on minor details, but I cannot compromise on fundamentals.
在一些細節上我可以作些讓步,但在基本原則上我是不會妥協的。
adj. 不足以令人相信的