So a little unknown secret is --
那么, 一個不為人知秘密是 --
did you see the one with the guy, he's got the Web cam?
你有沒有看到一個帶著網絡攝像機的家伙?
The poor PC guy. They're duct taping his head. They're just wrapping it on him.
這個可憐的PC男孩, 頭上帶著管子, 他們給他包裝成那樣兒.
Well, a little unknown secret is his brother actually works on the Virtual Earth team.
好, 一個不為人知的秘密是他的哥哥,其實在虛擬地球研發團隊工作.
(Laughter). So they've got a little bit of a sibling rivalry thing going on here.
(笑聲). 那么, 那里表達一些兄弟之間對抗的東西.
But let me tell you -- it doesn't affect his day job.
但我告訴你 -- 這沒有影響他每天的工作.
We think a lot of good can come from this technology.
我們想像這個科技帶來很多的好處.
This was after Katrina. We were the first commercial fleet of airplanes
這是在Katrina颶風之后. 我們曾是災難區域里的
to be cleared into the disaster impact zone.
第一個商業飛行隊.
We flew the area. We imaged it. We sent in people. We took pictures of interiors,
我們飛到那個區域,拍下照片, 發給大家. 我們在災區深入拍攝圖片.
disaster areas. We helped with the first responders, the search and rescue.
我們幫助應急救生員, 搜索和營救.
Often the first time anyone saw what happened to their house was on Virtual Earth.
常常是人們是首先通過虛擬地球看到他們房屋的情況.
We made it all freely available on the Web, just to --
我們通過網絡把這些免費提供給所有人, 是為了 -- 你知道,
it was obviously our chance of helping out with the cause.
這明顯是我們為災區人們提供幫助的機會.
When we think about how all this comes together,
當我們思考它時, 你知道, 這些東西如何組合到一起的.
it's all about software, algorithms and math.
全是關于軟件, 算法和數學.
You know, we capture this imagery but to build the 3-D models
你知道, 我們捕捉圖像,但是為了構建三維模型,
we need to do geo-positioning. We need to do geo-registering of the images.
我們需要做地理定位. 我們需要做圖片的地理標記.
We have to bundle adjust them. Find tie points.
我們必須收集調整他們. 找到聯結點.
Extract geometry from the images.
完全是圖像的幾何學.
This process is a very calculated process.
這個過程完全是個計算的過程.
In fact, it was always done manual.
實際上, 幾乎都是通過人工去計算的.
Hollywood would spend millions of dollars to do a small urban corridor
好萊塢愿意花上百萬美金去計算電影中的一個小市區走廊
for a movie because they'd have to do it manually.
因為他們必須用手工計算.
They'd drive the streets with lasers called LIDAR.
他們用激光掃描探測技術在街道上駕駛.
They'd collected information with photos. They'd manually build each building.
他們收集圖片信息; 他們手工建造每個大樓.
We do this all through software, algorithms and math --
我們做這些完全通過軟件, 算法和數學.
a highly automated pipeline creating these cities.
一個高度自動化的流水線來建造這些城市.
We took a decimal point off what it cost to build these cities,
我們在建造這些城市的費用上加一個小數點.
and that's how we're going to be able to scale this out and make this reality a dream.
這就是我們為什么能把規模做大并且將現實轉化成虛擬.
We think about the user interface.
我們考慮用戶界面.
What does it mean to look at it from multiple perspectives?
采用多視角意味著什么?
An ortho-view, a nadir-view. How do you keep the precision of the fidelity of the imagery
一個鳥瞰視角, 一個垂直俯視. 你要如何保持圖像的精度的同時
while maintaining the fluidity of the model?
保持模型的流暢性?
I'll wrap up by showing you the --
我會給你展示 --
this is a brand-new peek I haven't really shown into the lab area of Virtual Earth.
這是個全新的俯視圖我還沒有放入虛擬地球的實驗室區域.
What we're doing is -- people like this a lot,
我們要做的是 -- 人們喜歡這個
this bird's eye imagery we work with. It's this high resolution data.
我們要做的鳥瞰圖. 是高解析度的數據.
But what we've found is they like the fluidity of the 3-D model.
但我們發現他們像三維模型的流暢度.
A child can navigate with an Xbox controller or a game controller.
孩子們可以使用Xbox或游戲機去探索.
So here what we're trying to do is we bring the picture and project it into the 3-D model space.
這里,我們正嘗試將圖片映射到三維模型空間中.
You can see all types of resolution. From here, I can slowly pan the image over.
你可以看到所有的分辨率. 從這里,我可以慢慢平移圖像.
I can get the next image. I can blend and transition.
我可以看到下一張圖片, 我可以結合和過渡.
By doing this I don't lose the original detail. In fact, I might be recording history.
做這些操作時,我不會損失任何細節. 實際上,我有可能在記錄歷史.
The freshness, the capacity. I can turn this image.
新奇,能力. 我可以轉動這個圖像.
I can look at it from multiple viewpoints and angles.
我可以查看多視點和多角度.
What we're trying to do is build a virtual world.
我們正在做的是, 打造一個虛擬世界.
We hope that we can make computing a user model you're familiar with,
我們希望可以計算出一個你熟悉的用戶模型.
and really derive insights from you, from all different directions.
可以從你的角度,從所有不同的角度瀏覽.
I thank you very much for your time.
謝謝.