How come I stand alone by the river?
怎么獨自站在河邊上?
The hazy sky is that dawn or dusk? Where can I inquire?
這朦朧的天色,是黎明還是黃昏?何處尋問,
I simply feel I am in an ocean of flowers,
只覺得眼前竟是花的世界。
amid the flowers mixed a few white roses.
中間雜著幾朵白薔薇。
There she comes,she comes down from the hill.
她來了,她從山上下來了。
With a bunch of flowers in hands,
手里抱著一大束花。
she appears in a plain white dress with beautiful make up.
靚妝著,仿佛是一身縞白。
Come hither,give you a white rose,you may pin on the lapel.
我說,你來,給你一朵白薔薇,好簪在襟上。
I say. She beams with a word,but I can not hear.
她微笑說了一句話,只是聽不見。
However,I seem to no pick one,
然而似乎我竟沒有摘,
and she does not wear it,holding the flowers still,she walks forward.
她也沒有戴,依舊抱著花兒,向前走了。
Looking up the path she passed,
抬頭望她去路,
I can see both sides of the path covered with blooming flowers,drooping flowers,and fallen flowers.
只見得兩旁開滿了花,垂滿了花,落滿了花。
I suppose white flower is better than red flower all the time;
我想白花終比紅花好;
yet why didn't I pick one,and she didn't wear one?
然而為何我竟沒有摘,她也竟沒有戴?
What's the place forward?
前路是什么地方,
Why not go with her?
為何不隨她走去?
It's over,the flowers disappear,
都過去了,花也隱了,
and the dream awakes,
夢也醒了,
what may be ahead?
前路如何?
If I had picked one,had she been wearing it?
便摘也何曾戴?