Now I shall return to my adventures in Lilliput.
現在我再回來講我在利力浦特的經歷。
About two weeks after my first visit to the capital,I was visited by one of the King s most important officials.
大約在我參觀都城兩周后,國王的一個最重要的官員來訪問我。
His name was Reldresal,and he had helped me many times since I had arrived in Lil-liput.
他的名子叫瑞顓沙,自從我來到利力浦特他已經幫了我許多次忙。
I started the conversation.I'm so glad they've taken away my chains,I told him.
我首先開口談話。我很高興他們已經拿掉了我的鎖鏈。我對他說。
Well, my friend,he answered,let me tell you some-thing.You're only free because the King knows we're in a very dangerous situation.
嗯,朋友,他回答說,讓我告訴你,你之所以獲釋,是因為國王知道我們正處于險境中。
Dangerous?I cried.What do you mean?
險境?我大聲問,這是什么意思?
Lilliput has enemies at home and abroad,he explained.
利力浦特在國內外都有敵人,他解釋說,
For six years now we've had two political groups,the High-Heels and the Low-Heels.
我們有兩個政治集團,高跟派和低跟派,已經有六年了。高跟派也許過去比較受歡迎,
Perhaps the High-Heels were more popular in the past,but as you can see,our present King and all bis officials wear the lowest heels.
可是你看得出來,現在的國王和所有的官員都穿最低的跟。
The two groups hate each other,and a High-Heel will refuse to speak to a Low-Heel.
兩個集團相互仇視,高跟派人會拒絕與低跟派人說話。
That's the problem in Lilliput.
那就是利力浦特的問題。
Now,we're getting in-formation that the people of Blefuscu are going to attack us.
現在,我們得到消息說不來夫斯古的人即將進攻我們。
Have you heard of Blefuscu?It's an island very near us,almost as large and important as Lilliput.
你聽說過不來夫斯古沒有?那是一個非常靠近我們的島嶼,幾乎和利力浦特一樣大一樣重要。
They've been at war with us for three years,you see.
他們和我們已經打了三年的仗。
But how did this war start?I asked.
可是仗是怎么打起來的?我問。

關于《格列佛游記》
于利立浦特首都密爾敦多以及皇宮的描寫—格列佛與一位大臣談帝國大事—格列佛表示愿為皇帝效勞對敵作戰。