Situation7: In a taxi
場景7: 在的士里
Where to pal?
去哪朋友?
To Carleton College, please.
去Carleton大學。
Do you know where Elliot House is?
你知道Elliot屋在哪嗎?
Elliot's house? I thought you wanted to go to Carleton.
Elliot的家?我想你要去Carleton。
I do. And it's not Elliot's house, it's Elliot House.
我是,但不是Elliot的家,是Elliot屋
That's the name of my dormitory.
那是我宿舍的名稱。
Oh, why didn't you say so?
哦,你為什么不這樣說?
And no, I don't know where it is.
我不知道在哪。
That's all right.
那好。
Just go to the college and I'll give you directions from there.
就去學校我在那里將告訴你方向。
You got it. (They arrive the from gate of the college.)
你到了。(他們到達學校大門口。)
We're here. Now where to?
我們到了,現在往哪走?
Make a right turn at the gate, then go down to streets and take a left.
在大門那向右拐,然后一直走再向左拐。
Will that be a left on Broadway?
是不是在百老匯街向左拐?
Yes. Elliot House is at 357 Broadway.
是的。Elliot屋就在百老匯街357號
Good for Elliot House, but Broadway is a one-way street.
好去Elliot屋,但百老匯街是單行道。
I can only turn right.
我只能向右拐。
Woops, sorry about that.
真是不幸
I don't have a car and so I never pay attention to which strees are one-way.
我沒有車,所以我從來不注意那條街是單行道。
Don't worry about it, kid.
不要擔心,小伙子。
I know a shortcut anyway.
我還知道一條小路。
I'll take the first left instead of the second, and then go around the back of your dorm.
我在第一個路口拐彎,然后開到你宿舍的后面去。
Great. It's a good thing you know the streets around here better than I do.
好極了。這里的街道你比我知道的多還是件好事。
That's my job. I get paid to know this streets.
那是我的工作。我靠知道這些街道賺錢。
Where are you from, not from around here I guess?
你從哪來,我猜不是這周圍的。
No. I'm just here for school. I'm originally from Delaware.
不,我在這里上學。我是從德拉威州來的。
Nice state, Delaware.
好地方,德拉威州。
Well, here we are.
好,我們到了。
That'll be seven dollars and fifty cents.
那是七美元五十分
Here's nine. Keep the change.
這是九美元,不用找了。
Thanks.No, thank you.
謝謝。不,謝謝你