Situation6: Buying a Shirt
場景6:買襯衫
Charles, you're on the list for tonight, but we have to wear suits.
喂,Charles,你今晚可以去了,但我們必須穿西服。
No problem, I've got plenty of suits.
沒問題,我有很多西服。
I know but I don't. I only have one and it's not the greatest.
我知道但我沒有。我只有一套還不是最好的。
Still, it'll pass. The real problem is I have no shirt or tie.
然而,還過得去。真正的問題是我沒有襯衫和領帶。
I've got plenty of those too.
我也有很多呀
I know Charles, but you're five-seven and I'm six-two;
我知道Charles,但是你是五-七,我是六-二。
I hardly think I'll be wearing any of you clothes.
我簡直難以想象我穿上你的襯衫后是什么樣子。
I see what you mean. But you could borrow one of my tie right?
我明白你的意思。但你可以借我的領帶不是嗎
True, but that still leaves me shirtless. I've got to go get one.
是的,但我還是沒有襯衫。我必須得去買一件。
(Mike goes outside, cathes a taxi, and heads for a local men's clothing store)
(Mike出去,搭一輛的士,直接就去當地一家男衣店)
May I help you find something?
我能幫你嗎?
Please. I need a dress shirt for tonight.
好的。我需要一件襯衫今晚穿。
Did you have any particular style in mind?
你想要什么特別的樣式?
No, just something plain.
不,樸素一點。
What do you have in a white oxford cloth with button down collars?
你這有沒有要白襯衫有扣低領?
We have a very nice shirt from Ralph Lauren,
我們有有一款從Ralph Lauren來的漂亮襯衫,
but it has the polo mark on it .Is that okey?
的漂亮襯衫,但是那上面有polo的圖像,那樣行不行?
Fine, fine.
好,好
What size are you?
你穿幾號?
I'm not sure. My mom buys all my clothes.
我不確信。我的衣服都是媽媽買的。
But I think I'm about a sixteen inch neck and thirty-three inch sleeve.
但我想大概是十六寸領口三十三寸袖子。
Does that sound about right?
對不對?
Probably for the neck, but you're pretty tall.
領口大概對,但你很高。
Let's try a thirty-five inch sleeve.
那試一下三十五寸的袖子。
You're the pro, whatever you say.
你是職業的,你說什么就是什么。