A Day in the life of a Typical American White Collar Worker
一個典型的美國白領階層的生活中的一天
Situation1: Getting Up in the Morning
場景1:早晨起床
(The alarm clock rings.)
(鬧鐘響了。)
Honey, it's seven o'clock. Time to get up.
親愛的,七點鐘了,該起床了。
Okey, just a few more minutes.
好的,再等幾分鐘。
No. You told me to make sure you were up by seven.
不行。你跟我保證你要七點起床的。
I know but I can sleep till seven-thirty if I don't take a shower.
我知道,但是,如果我不洗澡的話,我可以睡到七點半。
James, you know that's impossible.
你知道那是不可能的
You have a meeting with your boss and later with an important client.
你要先后與你的老板和一個重要的客戶開會。
Christ, I almost forget. That's what happens when I don't get enough sleep.
我幾乎忘記了。那些事情總是在我睡眠不足的時候發生。
Enough sleep? You went to bed at ten. That's nine hours.
睡眠不足?你十點上床,那就是九個小時。
Do you have to be right all the time? But you are right; I'm getting up.
難道你一直都是對的嗎?但是,你對了,我這就起來
Jump in the shower, that will make you feel better.
去洗個澡,會讓你覺得好一點。
And I'll make a pot of strong coffee, but what do you want for breakfast?
我會煮一壺濃咖啡,早餐你想吃什么?
Something simple. How about a bagel and cream cheese?
簡單一點。百吉餅和奶油奶酪怎么樣?
No problem. It'll be ready before you are.
沒問題。它們將在你好之前準備好。
Don't be so sure.
不要太肯定了。
Why wouldn't I be? You haven't beaten me yet.
我為什么不能?你從來沒有贏過我呢!
Ture. But there's a first time for everything.
是。但是什么事情都有第一次。