A Day in the Life of Typical American Family with a Student
一個典型的家有學生的美國家庭生活中的一天
Situation 1: In the Morning
場景1: 在早上
(It is Friday morning.
(星期天早上.
Kevin's dad comes into his room,
凱文的爸爸來到他的房間,
but Kevin is already awake and getting dressed.)
但是凱文已經醒了,正在穿衣服.)
Kevin, you are up early.
凱文,你起的真早.
Is there a reason?
有什么原因嗎?
Yeah, dad, my band has practice this morning before school.
是的,爸爸,我的樂隊打算上學前排練一下.
Really? But why so early?
真的?但是怎么這么早?
We are playing at a school dance party tonight so we have to practicing this morning.
我們今天晚上要在學校的一個舞會上表演,所以我們今天早上要排練.
That sounds fun. What time is the party?
聽起來很有趣.舞會什么時候開始?
It starts after the football game at about eight o'clock.
大概8:00鐘,足球賽后.
Yes, but what time does the party end?
是的,但是舞會什么時候結束呢?
I don't know dad, about midnight.
我不知道爸爸,大概午夜吧.
And what time will you be home?
你什么時候回家呢?
About one o'clock.
大概1:00吧.
One o'clock? That's pretty late.
1:00?那太晚了.
I know dad but I have to drive my girlfriend Karen home.
我知道,但是爸爸我要送我的女朋友凱文回家.
And, dad, I'm seventeen years old; I'm not a baby anymore.
還有,爸爸,我17歲了,我不再是一個小孩了.
I know that but I still worry about you driving your car late at night.
我知道,但是我仍然很擔心你晚上開車.
But dad, I promise to be careful.
但是爸爸,我保證會小心的.
And you know I don't drink alcohol.
你知道我不喝酒的.
That's true.
那是.
But there are other drivers who drink and they are dangerous.
但是其他司機喝酒,很危險.
Okay, dad, I promise to be home by twelve-thirty.
好的,爸爸,我保證12:30回家.
And I promise to drive safely.
我保證會小心開車的.
All right then, see you at twelve-thirty tonight.
好吧,今晚12:30見.
Have fun and be careful.
玩得開心.小心點.
Thanks, dad. I will.
謝謝,爸爸.我會的.