Situation 3: Band Practice
場景 3: 樂隊排練
(Kevin's gets in his car and drives his friend Barry's house where their band practice.)
(凱文進入車里開到他們樂隊排練的地方,巴瑞的家.)
What's up, Kev?
怎么了,凱文?
Nothing. Whats up with you, Barry?
沒什么.你怎么了,巴瑞?
The other guys said they will be late,
其他人說他們會晚點來,
so we'll start practicing in few minues.
所以我們過一會兒開始練.
Cool. I wanted to talk to you anyway.
好的.我想和你談談.
Sure. What do you want to talk about?
當然.你想和我談什么?
It's my parents.
是我的父母.
They're nice but they try to protect me too much.
他們很好但是他們想過分的保護我.
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
Can you give me an example?
你能舉個例子嗎?
Yeah, like tonight.
是的,就像今晚.
They want me to come home by twelve-thirty even though they know there's a party.
盡管他們知道有晚會他們也要我12:30回家.
What do you think about that?
你怎么想呢?
I am not sure.
我不知道.
My parents let me come home whenever I want.
我父母說我什么時候想回家都行.
That's fun,
很好,
but sometimes I think they don't care about me.
但是有時我覺得他們不是很關心我.
Your parents are strict, but they really love you.
你的父母很嚴格,但是他們真的很愛你.
Yeah, that's true.
是的,那是.
But still, I'm not a baby anymore.
但是,我不再是一個小孩.
I have a car and a girlfriend and everything.
我有車,有女朋友,還有一切.
But Kevin, your parents bought you that car.
但是凱文,是你父母給你買的車.
And they bought you your guitar, too.
他們也給你買了吉他.
I don't have a car
我沒有車,
and I had to work at a part-time job to buy my own drums.
而且我還要做兼職買我的鼓.
I guess you are right.
我想你是對的.
My parents do a lot for me.
我父母為我做了許多.
I should be thankful.
我應該感謝他們.
Yes,
是的,
and since you have a car, can I get a ride to the party tonight?
既然你有車,今晚去晚會我能搭你的車嗎?
Yes, but like I said,
是的,但是就像我說的,
I have to be home by twelve-thirty.
我必須在12:30回家.
That is kind of early.
那時很早.
Maybe I will get a ride there with you and a ride back with someone else.
也許我能搭你的車去,然后再坐別人的車回來.
See, you're so lucky.
瞧,你很幸運.
You can stay out as late as you want.
你想呆多久都可以.
Okay, okay. I will go home with you too.
好吧,好吧.我和你一起回家.
That's why you're my best friend.
那就是為什么你是我最好的朋友.