Situation 5: U.S.History
場景 5: 美國歷史
(Kevin's first class of the day is U.S.History.
(凱文今天的第一節課是美國歷史.
His teacher is Ms.O'Neal.)
他的老師是奧尼先生.)
Good morning class? Today is Friday.
早上好,同學們?今天是星期五.
Can anyone tell me what T.G.I.F. means?
你們能告訴我T.G.I.F.的意思嗎?
I think it's a restaurant.
我想是一個餐館.
Yes, Kevin, it is a restaurant now,
是的,凱文,它現在是一個餐館,
but what is the original meaning?
但是它的原始意思是什么呢?
I don't know.
我不知道.
You're the history teacher.
你是我們的歷史老師.
Aren't you supposed to teach us?
你不教我們我們嗎?
Very funny.
有趣.
Well, I will teach you.
好的,我教你們.
The original meaning of T.G.I.F.is Thank God It's Friday.
T.G.I.F.的原始意思是感謝上帝的星期五.
What does that mean?
那是什么意思?
It means everybody loves Friday.
意思使每個人都愛星期五.
why?
為什么?
Because it is the beginning of the weekend, of course.
當然因為它是周末的開始啊.
Yeah, that's true.
是啊.
Just like everyone hates Sunday beause it's the end of the weekend.
就象每個人都討厭星期天因為它是周末的結束.
Yes, and people hate Mondays too because they are the beginning of a long week of work.
是的,人們討厭星期一是因為他們是一個星期的工作的開始.
And school!
還有學校!
School is work; it is your job.
學習是工作,也是你的工作.
I know, you don't have to remind me.
我知道,你不用提醒我.
Sorry. But even Friday is a school day.
對不起.但是星期五也要上學.
So, class, please open your books to page two-hundred fifty-three.
好的,同學們,請把你們的書翻到253頁.
Today we are going to finish the chapter on World War Two.
今天我們將完成第二次世界大戰部分.
My grandfather fought in World War Two.
我的祖父參加過第二次世界大戰.
Good, then you should be very interested in it.
好的,那么你應該對它很感興趣.
Why don't you reading?
你為什么不讀呢?
No, that's not what I meant.
不,我不是這個意思.
Oh, that doesn't matter. Just read.
哦,那沒有關系.讀吧.
All right.
好的.