The next day,Beth went out for a walk,and when she came back the others were waiting for her.
第二天,白絲出門散步,當她回家時,大家都在等她。
Here's a letter for you,Beth!they called out.
這兒有你一封信,白絲!她們喊。
Come and read it!She hurried to the house and they took her into the front room.
快過來讀讀!她趕快回到家,她們帶她來到前廳。
Look there! everyone was saying at once.
看那兒!每個人都立即說。
Beth looked-and got the biggest surprise of her life!
白絲看過去—她得到了她一生中最大的驚喜!
For there stood a lovely little piano,with a letter on the top of it,addressed to:
因為那里擺放著一架小鋼琴,上面放著一封信,寫道:
Miss Elizabeth March.
伊麗莎白·馬奇小姐收。
You-you read it, Jo, whispered Beth.I cant.
你,你讀吧,瓊,白絲喃喃地說,我讀不了。
So Jo opened the letter and began to read.
于是瓊打開那封信讀起來。
Dear Miss March,she read,I have had many pairs of slippers but none which have pleased me so much as yours.
親愛的馬奇小姐,她讀道,我有過很多雙拖鞋,可沒有一雙像你送我的那雙那樣使我高興。
I should like to thank pou for your kindness by sending you something that once belonged to my little granddaughter,who died.
為了感謝你,我想送你一樣曾經屬于我死去的小孫女的東西。
With many thanks.I am your good friend,James Laurence.
謝謝,我是你的好朋友,詹姆斯·勞倫斯。
關于《小婦人》
《小婦人》的故事打動了讀者的心,因為里面有真實的東西,寫作時想的不是名聲、金錢,而是傾注了全部心靈,描繪出一幅充滿愛心的生活場景。