Meg and Beth said Noat once, but Amy said nothing.
麥格和白絲立即說:沒拿,可艾米沒作聲。
Amy,you've got it,said Jo.
艾米,是你拿了,瓊說。
No,I haven't, said Amy.
不,我沒拿,艾米答道。
Thats a lie!said Jo.Tell me the truth, or I'll make you!
你說謊!瓊說,告訴我實話,否則我會逼你講!
Do what you like,said Amy.You'll never see your stupid book again,because I burned it!
隨你的便,艾米說,你永遠也不會見到那個討厭的筆記本了,因為我把它燒了!
Jos face went white.What! But I worked so hard writing my stories!
瓊的臉變得慘白。什么?我那么努力地寫我的故事!
I said Id make you sorry,and I have!said Amy.
我說過會讓你后悔,現在我做到了!艾米說。
Jo jumped at Amy and shook her shoulders.
瓊跳過來搖晃著艾米的肩膀,
You wicked,wicked girl!cried Jo.Ill never,ever forgive you!And she ran out of the room.
你這個可惡透頂的孩子!瓊喊著,我永遠永遠也不會饒恕你的!然后她就跑出了房間。
Mrs March came home and heard the story.
馬奇太太回到家里聽說了這件事。
Oh, how could you do that,Amy?she said.
噢,你怎么能那樣做呢,艾米?她說。
That was Jos book of stories.
那是瓊的故事書。
She wrote them all herself,and was hoping to make them good enough to print.
那些都是她自己寫的,她期望有一天把它們修改好了能夠去發表的。
Slowly,Amy began to understand the terrible thing she had done,and started to cry.
慢慢地,艾米開始意識到她所做的事情有多糟,她開始哭起來。
Later,when Jo appeared for tea,Amy begged her sister to forgive her.
后來,當瓊來喝茶的時候,艾米請求她姐姐原諒她。

關于《小婦人》
美國人路易莎·奧爾科特的代表作《小婦人》是一部美國文學的經典著作,一本道德家世小說。馬奇家四姐妹對自立的權力的追求以及她們對家庭的忠誠眷顧構成了一貫全書的矛盾,使故事熠熠生輝,情節生動感人。