Situation 11: Social Studies
場景 11: 社會學習
His teacher's name is Mr.Bert.
他的老師是波特先生.
Mr.Bert, I'm sick.
波特先生,我病了.
Can I go to the nurse's office?
我能去看醫生嗎?
No, not yet.
不,不行.
Today we are going to talk about Japan and Korea,
今天我們要一起談談日本和韓國,
and I think you should stay here.
我覺得你應該留在這.
After we talk, if you are still feeling sick,
談完之后,如果你仍然不舒服,
you may go to the nurse's office.
你可以去看醫生.
All right. When does the class start?
好吧.什么時候開始上課?
Right now. Class, today we are going to talk about Japan and Korea.
現在.同學們,今天我們來探討一下日本和韓國.
These countries are very far away from American,
這兩個國家離美國很遠,
but they are very important.
但是他們很重要.
When I was young we didn't learn about Asia in school,
我小的時候在學校沒有學過關于亞洲的東西,
and so we knew very little.
所以我們知道的很少.
These days, however,
但是現在,
politics, economics,
政治,經濟,
and the internet have made our relationship to Asia closer than ever.
還有網絡使我們和亞洲的關系比任何時候都近.
And the countries we have the closest relationship to are Japan and Korea.
和我們聯系最緊密的兩個國家是日本和韓國.
Why do we have a close relationship with Japan and Korea?
為什么我們要和日本和韓國保持緊密聯系呢?
Well, Robert,
哦,羅勃特.
we buy more than half our cars, computers,
我們買的超過半數的汽車,電腦,
and other electronics from those two countries.
還有其他電器從這兩個國家.
But, more importantly, they have long and interesting histories and cultures.
但是更重要的是,他們擁有長而有趣的歷史和文化.
Let me start with the history and culture of Korea.
讓我們從韓國的歷史文化開始.