How do I get the gum out
我怎么把口香糖取出來
Distributing chewing gum to the passengers, the stewardess explained it was to keep their ears from popping.
當空中小姐給乘客們發口香糖的時候?她解釋說口香糖有助于他們防止耳鳴。
When the plane landed, one of the passengers rushed up to her and said,
飛機著陸后,一位乘客跑到這位空中小姐面前,說道
"I'm meeting my wife right away. How do I get the gum out of my ears?"
“我馬上就要見到我妻子了。我怎么才能把口香糖從耳朵里面取出來呢?”
1.chewing gum
chewing gum是個美式英語。chewing是咀嚼的意思,所以完整意思為咀嚼香口膠。
eg:Do you know the ways of disposing chewing gum? 你知道分解口香糖的方式嗎?
2.get out of
1.move out of a space, building,etc.離開
The door locked accidentally, and I couldn't get out of the bathroom.門無意中鎖上了,結果我無法從浴室里出來。
2.remove 取出;拔出
Can you get this nail out of the wall?你能拔出墻上這顆釘子嗎?
3. descend from(a vehicle)從(車上)下來
They can't get the cases and bags out of the plane faster. 他們無法更快地從飛機上把這些箱子和包裹搬下來。
4.copy 復制;抄襲
His story isn't original;he got it out of a book.他講的故事并不新鮮,他是從一本書上看來的。
5.escape from 從…逃脫
Why don't you get out of the country if you don't like it?既然你不喜歡這個國家,那為什么不離開它呢?
6.gain from; obtain from 獲取
The children are always trying to get more money out of their father.那些孩子總想從父親手里多弄到幾個錢。
7.forget or lose sth.such as a habit 忘掉或去除(習慣等)
Joining a group will help to get you out of the habit.加入一個小組將有助你改掉這種習慣。
8.avoid doing sth.;be excused from;避免做某事;逃避;
I wish I could get out of going to that ceremony.我希望我能不參加那儀式。