It was the Prussian Academy of Sciences.
這將是普魯士科學院院士。
It was the entire world of physics that had said no, bearing down and saying we want you.
整個世界的物理學都不同意,但他們仍然表示我們需要你的幫助。
Einstein did not answer the offer.
愛因斯坦沒有答應這個提議。
Einstein says why don't you just go and take a trip for the rest of the afternoon up the mountain.
愛因斯坦說為什么下午你們不出去走走,去山里進行一次旅行。
He said I will meet you at the train station when you come back.
他說當你們回來的時候我會去火車站接你們。
I will be carrying a bunch of flowers.
我將帶一束花。
And if the flowers are red, I'm coming to German;
如果花是紅色的,我就去德國;
if the flowers are white, sorry though go, thanks for coming.
如果花是白色的,對不起,謝謝你們的光臨。
I've made the argument that Einstein delayed his answer to this question in part because he sort of wanted to leave with the pleasure of being so deeply sought after.
我曾經議論過愛因斯坦會推遲對這個問題的回答,這在一定程度上是因為他想用快樂擺脫如此深的追求。
But it's certainly true that this was not simply a snapped decision.
但這確實不是簡單就可以下決定的。
As he often does when he has a difficult problem to solve,
他經常也有難以解決的問題,
Einstein takes a long walk.
愛因斯坦經常散步很久。
Zurich was comfortable.
蘇黎世也很舒適。
There was lots to love there, you know,
這里也有他的許多牽掛,你知道,
you don't just sort of walk away from there.
你不想離開這里。
His wife really wants to stay in Zurich.
他的妻子很想呆在蘇黎世。
On the other hand, they've offered him the greatest job imaginable.
另一方面,他們已經給他安排了可以想象得到的偉大工作。
注:聽力文本來源于普特