Have you ever fantasized about going somewhere special?
你有沒有幻想過去什么特別的地方?
Somewhere far from crowds, off the beaten track.
遠離人群,遠離循規蹈矩。
Somewhere out of this world?
世界之外的某處?
Is it time to catch a rocket to the Red Planet?
是抓住一枚火箭到這顆紅色星球的時候了?
Mars is filled with mysteries, Volcanoes 75,000 feet tall, huge canyons, 3000 miles across and 6 miles deep, all kinds of interesting features.
火星充滿神秘、75000英尺高的火山,巨大的峽谷,直徑3000英里,6英里深及各種有趣的地貌。
Awaiting you is some of the greatest scenery in our Solar System,
等待你的是太陽系中一些最偉大的景觀。
on a world where water once ruled, then vanished into thin air.
在這樣的一個世界,在那里水曾經一度統治,然后消失得無影無蹤。
Where lost microbe empires may still survive underground.
在那里曾消失的微生物帝國也許仍然生存在地下。
We've seen the postcards, and we do wish we were there.
我們已經看過明信片,并且我們也希望我們在那兒。
Just the thought of being in this new world to see a landscape that no other
person had seen before,
只要一想到能在這個新世界看到一種其他人沒有見過的景觀,
I think there are a lot of astronauts that would sign up to that.
我想有很多宇航員都會報名。
But don't be fooled. Nothing about going to Mars will be easy.
但是不要被愚弄。去火星也不會是那么容易。
Danger awaits you on this the desolate beauty, and perhaps Martians too.
危險在這種美麗荒涼中等待著你,也許還有火星人。
If we find on Mars evidence for a second independent origin of life,
如果我們發現火星上的第二個生命起源的獨立證據,
that's hugely profound, because it tells us right away that life is common in the Universe.
那意義將會是非常深遠,因為它告訴我們生命是普遍存在于宇宙中。
Mars. Invaded by a robot and perhaps soon by an Earthling like you.
火星。被機器人入侵,或許馬上就輪到你的地球。
Would I like o go to Mars?
我還是想去火星嗎?
Oh, in a heart beat. Absolutely.
哦,一種心跳聲表達的意思是仍然絕對想去。
If there was anyway for me to go to Mars I wouldn't be screwing around with robots, I wanna go myself.
如果我去,我就不會抱怨火星和周圍的機器人,我想我會自己去。
There has never been a better time to boldly go where no human has gone before,
人類過去從來沒有更好的可以大膽的前往的機會,
to follow in the footsteps of our robot pioneers and visit the planets of the Solar System.
跟隨我們的機器人先驅者,訪問太陽系的這顆行星吧。
注:聽力文本來源于普特