憑借在《老友記》第一季中菲比這一角色——一個傻呼呼,卻又十分可愛的鄉村歌手,1998年莉莎•庫卓獲得艾美獎最佳女配角的提名,莉莎的表演還為她贏得了金球獎,銀幕演員協會和美國喜劇獎的提名
。后來莉莎轉向了大銀幕,同樣收獲豐碩 。1997年,她被《人物》周刊評為全球最美麗的五十人 。曾在《在線診療》中飾演醫生的她會在節目中和主持人有怎樣的互動呢?[qh]
-Hello, I'm Doctor Fiona Wallice, and you are?[qh]
你好,我是菲奧娜•瓦利斯醫生,你是……?[qh]
-I am Peter Travers. And doctor, I'm a movie critic.[qh]
我是彼得•特拉維斯 。醫生,我是一個電影評論家 。[qh]
-Yes, your name sounds familar to me,so?
是的,你的名字我聽起來很熟悉 。因此?
-Wah, well, doesn't, you know.
哦,你不了解的 。
-For which publication?
對于這本刊物?
-It's called Rolling Stone.
這叫做滾石 。
-Oh, no, I wouldn't be reading that.
哦,不,我不會讀 。
-Oh, God, who would? And I'm miserable. And I have dreams but I know this is something you really don't like.
哦,上帝,誰會呢?我慘了 。我有夢想,但是我知道你真的不喜歡 。
-Dreams? No, they don't mean anything really.
夢想?他們沒有任何意義,真的 。
-But here is the thing that does work for my ....
但真的對我有作用,而且對我的 。 。 。
-You are gonna talk about it anyway.
你是無論如何都想討論這東西了 。
-You can ask me. I know we don't have time and I'm nervous about it. But I'm not dreaming this. People whose movies
I hate are coming after me. And it's not in an illusion or delusion that coming after me what do I do?...
你可以問我 。我知道我們沒時間而且我很緊張 。但我不是在做夢吧 。我討厭那些電影跟隨我 。但那不是一種幻覺或錯覺,我該怎樣做
?…
-Are you finished?
你說完了?
-What do I do? What do I do?
我該怎么辦? 我該怎么辦?
-Oh, well, I know, I mean, it sounds like maybe you have certain regrets over some of the cruel things that you say
about people who are just trying to do their job?
哦,好吧,我知道,我的意思是,這聽起來就像你一定后悔干出一些你認為殘忍的事情,你說那些人只是想做他們自己的工作?
-But doctor, if I had regrets, I couldn't continue to do my job.
但醫生,如果我有遺憾,我就不能繼續做我的工作 。
-Then you are in the pickle, aren't you?
接著你泡菜,是不是?
-That's your answer?
那是你的答案?
-Well, you have to figure it out, dear adult. You can make choices, you have free will.
好了,你必須清楚,親愛的成年人 。你可以選擇,你擁有自由意志 。
-No, I'm a child. No, I'm...
不,我是一個孩子 。
-All right. Well if...I don't...If you are going to get emotional then this might not work out so well.
很好 。如果……我不…如果你正打算情感用事,那么這可能不是很好 。
-You are useless to me. Useless.
你是無用的 。無用的 。
-All right, well. Then likely it's only three minutes, then neither of us have wasted much time, have we?
好吧 。可能只有三分鐘,然后我們都已經浪費了太多時間,是嗎?
-To hell with you, I'm not paying my 25 dollars.
去你的,我不會花支付25美元 。
-Goodbye.
再見 。