LESSON 3
LESSON 3
THIS NEW JOB IS MY BIG BREAK.
這份新工作是我的好機會
That was a good dinner,Mom.
這頓飯真好吃,媽媽。
I'm sorry your dad isn't here.
只可惜你爸爸不在這兒。
But now you can come home more often.Jeff,We're a family again.
不過,現在你可以經常回家了。杰夫,我們一家又在一起了。
I guess so.Can I help with the dishes?Oh,I can wash those later.Ok
我想是的,要我幫你洗碗嗎?噢,我一會兒自己收拾.好的。
How are you going to get from New York to Stamford every day,
now that you're working here?
既然你現在在這邊工作了,你每天怎么從紐約趕到斯坦福德來呢?
Oh,I'm going to give up my apartment in New York.
噢,我打算退掉在紐約的公寓。
And get one in Stamford?
打算在斯坦福德租一個?
Sure,I want to be near my job.
當然了,我想住得離我工作的地方近點兒。
Where are you planning to live?
你打算住哪兒?
There are some nice apartment buildings nearby....over on Baker Street.
附近有一些不錯的公寓樓......就在貝克街那邊。
I think I can find something closer to WEFL.
我想我能找到離WEFL 近一點的房子。
I may as well live close t work.
我還是住得離工作地點近點兒好。
Well,rents out here are certainly lower than rents in New York.
好吧.這兒的房租當然比紐約的房租低。
Mother,I make much more money now.
媽媽,我現在掙的錢多了。
Good,Then you aren't going to end up in another old building like the one in New York.
很好,那你不用住在像在紐約住的那種舊房子里了。
I think I can get a nicer apartment.
我想我能找個好點兒的公寓。
This new job-how long will it last?
這份新工作——要干多長時間?
I just hope this is a better idea than your move to Los Angeles.
我只是希望做這個工作比搬到洛杉磯去好一點,
You didn't like it there.
你不喜歡在那兒工作。
I hope so too.Mom.
我也這樣希望,媽媽。
I know you're going to be successful.
我知道你會成功的。
It's my first starring role.
這是我第一次做主角,
But this show is going to be a hit.
但是這個節目將會非常成功。
If I stay,I can make good money
如果我留下,我能賺到更多的錢,
and I'm going to get bigger roles in the future.I know it.
以后會扮演更重要的角色。我知道這一點。
Are you going to work all the time,
你會不會一天到晚都很忙?
or are you going ot have time to meet people?
你有時間與別人見面嗎?
You mean,am I going to have time to meet girlfriends?Well...
你是指我會不會有時間找女朋友?嗯.....。
Living closer to work will give me more free time.
只要住得離工作地點近,自由支配時間會更多。
Anyway,It's easier to meet girls here than in New York. Good.
至少在這里要比在紐約更容易與女孩子見面.太好了.
This new job is my big break.
這份工作是我的好機會,
It's a bigger role than anything I had in New York.
這比我在紐約演的任何一個角色都重要。
And it's a more exciting role than anything I had in Los Angeles.
而且比我在洛杉磯演的任何一個角色都令人興奮。
This is my chance to make it big in television.
這是我在電視劇方面成名的機會,
I want my parents to be proud of me.
我希望我的父母為我自豪。
I think I can do a good job.
我覺得和能做好這個工作。
But I'm the star,and I'm a little scared.
但是我要當主角,這使我有點害怕。
Steven Winn-I don't know what he thinks of me.
史蒂文.韋恩——我不知道他怎么看我,
But Linda Marino-she's friendlier than he is.
但是琳達成.瑪里諾,她比史蒂文對我更友好,
And more helpful.I'm going to like working with her.
更樂意幫助我。我會喜歡與她共事的。
Actually,I think I'm going to like working with everyone here.
說實話,我會喜歡與這兒的每一個人共事的。
您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 綜合聽力 > 洪恩環境英語全9冊 > 洪恩環境英語第四冊 > 正文

掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: