LESSON 6
LESSON 6
IS THIS THE BEST WE CAN DO?
這是我們能拿出來的最好的嗎?
Yes.Come over here.please.
對,請到這國邊來。
Stand there.Like that.Good.
站在那兒,就那樣。很好。
That's not bad.but I want the nicest sweater you have.
不錯,不過我要的是你這里最好的毛衣
That's nice.Do you like this one at all?Ugh,no,no.It's ugly.
挺好。你到底喜歡不喜歡這件毛衣?
Rita spent all weekend shopping for that sweater.
為了選這件毛衣,麗塔花了整個周未的時間。
And you think it's the worst sweater of all.
而你卻認為它是最難看的。
Oh,Take it back.I'm sorry,Rita.
噢,我收回我說過的話,麗塔,對不起,
That sweater's just not right for television.
這件毛衣只不過是不適合做節目用。
OK.So the second sweater is the best?
好吧。那么你認為第二件毛衣是最好的?
Steven,do you really want me to wear a sweater?
史蒂文,你真的想讓我穿毛衣?
I think my character should wear something else...like a jacket and tie.
我認為我演的角色應該穿一些別的衣服,比如夾克和領帶,
He's a detective,after all.
畢竟他是個偵探。
Your character only works as a detective in his free time.Remember?
你的角色只是個業余偵探。還記得嗎?
He's a repoter.an ordinary guy.He should wear ordinary clothes.I see.
他是個記者,是個普通人。他應該穿平常的衣服。知道了。
That skirt looks a little short.Do you have anything longer?
那條裙子有點短了,你有長點的嗎?
No.That's the longest skirt we have.
沒有,那是我們最長的裙子了。
I think this looks good.Steven.
史蒂文,我覺得這件挺好的。
And what about this blouse?Is this the best we can do ?
那么這件上衣呢?這是我們能拿出來的最好的嗎?
There's this ...or this.I like the white blouse.
還有一件.......和這一件。我喜歡這件白色的。
It's too plain.Do you have anything fancier?
這件太普通了。你有華麗點兒的嗎?
We're done with you two,then.Thank you.
那么沒有你倆的事了,謝謝。
YOu're welcome.
不客氣。
YOu know.I saw you on stage once in New York.
你知道嗎,我在紐約曾看過你的演出。
In The Longest Night.I thought you were excellent.
片名是《漫漫長夜》.我覺得你演得棒極了。
Well,thanks.I liked that script.
噢,謝謝。我喜歡那個劇本。
That was the best play I saw all year.You were very lucky.Thanks.
那是我那一年中看過的最好的戲。當時你真幸運。謝謝。
Of all the shows I've done,this one has the shortest work schedule.
在我所演過的戲中,這部分的工作日程最短,
We hardly have time to rehearse.
我們幾乎沒有時間排練。
And Steven gets very tense when he doesn't have much time.Watch out.
而且史蒂文一旦覺得時間不夠時,他就變得很焦急。要當心。
Vacation photos?
這是假期照片?
What?These?Oh,these are just baby pictures.Your baby?
什么,這些嗎?噢,這些只是孩子的照片你孩子的?。
Yes,But these are the worst ones.
是的,但這些照片是照得最難看的。
I'd really like to see them.
我很愿意看看這些照片。
They're old.From weeks ago.
這都是舊照片了,是幾個星期以前的。
These are great.Isn't that the cutest baby?
這些照片太棒了!她真是太可愛了!
Those are the biggest eyes.
眼皮可真大。
She's six months now.Isn't that the nicest smile?
她六個月了。她笑得真好看。
She's such a happy baby...and so quite.
她是個快樂的孩子......而且很安靜。
I hated to go back to work.
我真不想再回來工作。
That must be the hardest thing about being a parent.
那可能是當父母的最難受的一件事了
leaving them.Even for a minute.
——離開孩子,哪怕只有一分鐘。
I miss her during the day.
我整天想她。
She's the most beautiful baby.
她是最漂亮的孩子。
You must be the proudest mother in Stamford.
你一定是斯坦福德最驕傲的母親了。
vt. 預演,排演,預先演習,詳述,復述 vi. 參加彩