LESSON 1
LESSON 1
I'D LIKE TO MEET JEFF BENNETT.
我想見見杰夫。班納特
We need an actor,Steven.
史蒂文,我們需要個男演員。
We need a good actor to star in the new show with Mary Beth.
我們需要一個出色的男演員與瑪麗。貝思一起主演這部新劇。
What about this one?I worked with him last year.He's Beth.
這個人怎么樣,去年我曾與他共事,他挺不錯的。
No.His hair's too long.
不行,他的頭發太長了。
He can cut his hair.
他可以把頭發剪了。
He's wrong for the part.
他不適合這個角色。
Linda,we have to pick an antor.We're going to start work next week.
琳達,我們必須選個男演員,我們下周得開始工作了。
How about this one?He has a lot of experience.
這個人怎么樣?他的經驗很豐富。
Mmmm...no.I'm sorry.Steven,
嗯......不行。很抱歉,史蒂文,
but this is an important role.And WEFL needs better ratings.
這個角色很重要。再說WEFL電視臺需要提高收視率。
We have to pick the right actor.
我們得挑個合適的演員才行。
I understand.Linda,I want you to think about these two again.
我知道。琳達,我希望你再考慮一下這兩個人。
I know both of them.They're excellent actors.
他們兩個我都認識,他們倆都是非常優秀的演員。
I like the older one.This one.
我喜歡年紀大點兒的這個。這個。
Yes,because the actor has to be older than Mary Beth,
是的,因為男演員的年齡得比瑪麗. 貝思大,
and he has to be taller than she is .
而且個頭要比她高。
Nope.He's too short.He's an inch shorter.
不,他太矮了,他比瑪麗.貝思矮了一英寸。
Then he's not right for the role.
這么說他不適合演這個角色。
The last one.I guess he's better.
最后一個了,我覺得他好一些。
Ummm...I don't know.
嗯......我說不清楚。
I like him.Jeff Bennett.
我喜歡他。杰夫.班納特?
Why not?I think he's handsome.And he's taller than Mary Beth.
為什么不呢?我覺得他英俊、高大,個子比瑪麗.貝思高。
He has it all.
我們所要求的各種條件他都具備。
Well,he doesn't have much experience.Hi,Linda,Steven.
嗯,但是,他沒有多少經驗.嗨,琳達,史蒂文。
Oh,hi,Mike.You two are going to be working together.
噢,嗨,邁克,你們兩個要一起工作,
Steven's the director on our new show.
史蒂文是我們新劇的導演。
"Murder at Midnight"? Great.I'm going to be the cameraman on that.
《午夜兇殺》?太好了。我要做這部片子的攝像師。
Good.
太好了。
Mike,we can't decide.Which one do you like better?
邁克,我們不知道應該選哪能一個。你喜歡哪個?
For which role?The starring role.
演那個角色的?主角。
Well,this guy looks bigger.
嗯。這個人看起來“大”了點。
Bigger?You mean heavier?yeah,He's too fat.
“大”了點?你是指他太胖了吧?
Then you like this actor better.
是的,他太胖了。
Right.I know this guy.He's a good actor.I know his work.See those eyes?
是的,我認識這個人,他是個挺不錯的演員。我知道他的表現。看見他的眼睛了嗎?
It's the eyes that show emotion.His face is perfect for television.
這是一雙能表現情感的眼睛。他的臉形很適合上鏡。
Well.Thanks for the advice.Anytime.See you later.Thanks,Mike.
嗯。謝謝你的建議.別客氣,再見.謝謝,邁克。
So,we have two choices.What do you think?
那么我們有兩個選擇,你的想法是什么?
I'd like to meet Jeff Bennet.Then we cna make a decision.
我想見見杰夫.班納特,然后再做決定。
Jeff is in New York.I'm going to call him right now.
杰夫在紐約。我立即給他打電話,
Maybe he can come in tomorrow.
或許他明天能來。
Good.
好的。