Situation 4: Back at Home
場景 4: 回到家中
(Mr.and Mrs. Lee are still back at home.
(李先生和 李太太.仍在家中.
They are talking about the idea of speaking only English.
他們在討論說英語的主意.
I am not sure that speaking only English is a good idea.
我不太肯定只說英語是一個好主意.
Why not?
為什么不?
Well, I'm worried that Michael will forget Korean.
恩,我擔心邁克爾會忘記韓語.
That is impossible.
那是不可能的.
No, it's not.
不,不是.
Of course it is.
當然是.
Even if we speak English to Michael,
就算我們跟邁克爾講英語,
he will watch Korean television,
他還是會看韓語新聞,
listen to Korean songs,
聽韓語歌,
and go to Korean school.
還有上韓國學校.
How can he forget?
他怎么會忘記呢?
You're right.
你是對的.
I don't have to worry.
我不需要擔心.
But why are we speaking English to each other?
但是我們為什么要互相說英語呢
Because if we don't speak English,
因為如果我們不說英語,
then Michael won't either.
那么邁克爾也不會了.
But my English is not very good
但是我的英語并不是很好.
Yes it is.
是的.
And it will get better if you speak it more.
如果你說多了你就會說的更好.
That is true.
那倒是.
And, even though it will be difficult,
就算很難,
I will do it for my son.
我也會為我的兒子做的.
Thank you.
謝謝.
I knew you would understand.
我早就知道你會明白的.
That is what parents are for.
那就是父母的用處所在.
It is our job to help him.
幫助他是我們的工作.
Yes.
是的.
(Mrs. Lee looks at the clock.)
(李太太看了看表.)
What time do you have to go to work?
你什么時候上班?
By nine o'clock. Why?
9:00. 怎么了?
Well, it's already eight-fifteen.
已經8:15了.
Oh. I should go.
哦,我該走了.
Good-bye. See you tonight.
再見.晚上見.
Good-bye
再見.
I'll be home by seven.
我7:00回家.