相關專題:
ACT II
Good morning. 早安。
Good morning. My name is Richard Stewart. 早安。我叫Richard Stewart。
I'm here to see Mr. Carlson. 我來見Carlson先生。
Mr. Carlson will be with you shortly. Carlson先生不久就可以見你。
Thank you. 謝謝 。
Excuse me, Mr. Carlson, 對不起, Carlson先生,
but Richard Stewart is here 但Richard Stewart正在這兒
for his ten o'clock appointment with you. 等著十點鐘與你的會談。
OK. Thank you. 好。謝謝。
Like I said, he'll be with you shortly. 正像我所說,他不久就可以與你會面。
Thank you. 謝謝你。
Yes, Mr. Carlson. Yes, sir. 是的,Carlson先生。是, 先生。
He's ready for you, Mr. Stewart. 他可以見你啦,Stewart先生。
Thank you. In there? 謝謝你。在那邊?
Yes. In there. Good luck. 是的,在那邊。祝你好運。
Come in, come in. 進來,進來。
This is a crazy morning. Hello, Richard. 這是一個忙得頭昏的早晨。哈,Richard 。
Hello, Mr. Carlson. 哈,Carlson先生。
Sit down, sit down. 請坐,請坐。
Thank you for seeing me on such short notice. 謝謝您這樣快就安排見我。
I hope you've brought your pictures along. 我希望你帶了你的照片一起來。
I see that you have. Let's get right to it. 我看到你帶來了。我們就直接談正事了。
We need a new coffee-table book, 我們需要一本可以擺在客廳的。
and a book of photos about the United States still feels right. 而一本關于美國的攝影集仍然很有前景。
OK, let's take a look. 好了,讓我們來看一看。
Good. Very good. Family Album, U.S.A. 不錯,很不錯。走遍美國。
It's an excellent title. 這是個絕妙的書名。
If you had to describe the book in one sentence, 假如要你用一句話來描述這本,
how would you do it? 你怎么說?
Well, I'd describe it as a book which is a ... 嗯,我會把這本書形容為一幅……
a portrait of the United States-- 一幅美國的剪影---
the places, the people--mostly the people. 美國的一些地方,人民---大部分是人。
The things they do, the ways they live, 他們所做的事情,他們的生活方式,
the places they visit, and the landmarks. 他們所去的地方,以及地標等等。
A photographic journey. 一次透過攝影作品的旅行。
These are wonderful-- 這些好得很---
these photos in your performing arts section. 你這些表演藝術中心部分的照片。
Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center. 卡奈基音樂廳,林肯中心。
I'm glad you like them. 我很高興你喜歡它們。
I do, but ... 我確實喜歡,但是…
But? 但是?
There's something missing. You've got a good eye, Richard. 少了些東西。你有藝術眼光, Richard。
You're a terrific photographer. 你是一名出色的攝影師。
But before I can publish your work, 但在我出版你的書之前,
I need to meet with my marketing department, 我需要跟我的營銷部門商量一下,
and you've got to do one more thing. 而且你還要做一件事。
What's that, Mr. Carlson? 什么事,Carlson先生?
In the section on culture, 在文化這部分,
you've included performing arts centers, 你拍了表演藝術中心,
but you've left out street performance. The mimes. 但你忽略了街頭表演。幽默劇演員。
The musicians. The dancers--in the parks and on the streets. 音樂家啦,在公園或街頭跳舞的人啦。
Richard, if you go out Richard,假如你出去
and photograph street performances in the city, 拍攝城市的街頭表演,