LESSON 117 THUNDERSTORM ON THE ALPS
第一百一十七課 阿爾卑斯山的暴風雨
Clear, placid Leman! thy contrasted lake, with the wild world I dwell in, is a thing which warns me, with its stillness,
清澈,溫和的愛人!與你恰成對照的湖水,我寓居的這個瘋狂的世界,正用它的平靜向我發出警告,
to forsake earth's troubled waters for a purer spring.
為了更純凈的清泉而放棄大地污濁的水。
This quiet sail is as a noiseless wing to waft me from distraction;
這次一帆風順的航行就像無聲的羽翼送來讓我忘情的微風;
once I loved torn ocean's roar, but thy soft murmuring sounds sweet,
曾經我喜歡為大海的咆哮神傷,但你那溫柔的低語聽起來那么甜美,
as if a sister's voice reproved, that I with stern delights should e'er have been so moved.
仿佛姐妹的責難聲,這樣的歡樂怎能不把我打動。
All heaven and earth are still—though not in sleep, but breathless, as we grow when feeling most;
天地一片寂靜——盡管沒有睡著,但屏住呼吸,當覺得極度靜謐時我們在漸漸變老;
And silent, as we stand in thoughts too deep — all heaven and earth are still:
平靜,我們蒞臨思想的淵藪——天地一切都是那么寂靜:
from the high host of stars, to the lulled lake and mountain coast, all is concentered in a life intense,
從懸于天際的群星到睡著般的湖水和高山上的雪坡,所有這一切都匯集成一種生活的熱情,
where not a beam, nor air, nor leaf is lost, but hath a part of being, and a sense Of that which is of all creator and defense.
在沒有光和空氣的地方,樹葉也凋謝了,但是有生命的存在,萬能的造物主和保護自己的理智。
The sky is changed! and such a change! O night, and storm, and darkness, ye are wondrous strong,
天空風云突變!這是一種怎樣的改變!啊,夜晚,暴風雨,還有黑暗,你們非常強大,
yet lovely in your strength, as is the light of a dark eye in woman!
然而在你們的力量有令人愉快的東西,就像女人的黑眸中的光彩!
Far along, from peak to peak, the rattling crags among, leaps the live thunder!
遠遠的,從峰頂到峰頂,在發出響聲的峭壁之間,跳動著燃燒的雷電!
Not from one lone cloud, but every mountain now hath found a tongue,
不是僅僅一聲,每座山都發出一種聲音,
and Jura answers, through her misty shroud, back to the joyous Alps, who call to her aloud!
汝拉山透過她那云霧籠罩的遮蔽物,大聲回答召喚她的阿爾卑斯山!