The Magic Cottage
魔法小屋
Fairies have strange ways of teaching children.
精靈們有著許多奇怪的方法來教育小孩子。
Find out what Irene learned in the magic cottage, where tables and dishes talked and hopped about!
在文中找找看,看看艾琳在魔法小屋里學到了什么。那里連桌子和餐具都會說話、跳躍。
The Fairy House
仙屋
"Oh, what a pretty house!" said Irene, as she stood with her fairy godmother outside the cottage.
艾琳和仙女教母站在一座農舍外面,艾琳感嘆道:“啊,好漂亮的一座房子!”
"Do you think it is pretty, Irene? I am glad of that, for it is here that you are going to stay."
“艾琳,你覺得它很漂亮嗎?這讓我很高興,因為你要住在這兒。”
"That will be lovely! Am I to be all alone?"
“太好了!就我一個人嗎?”
"Yes," answered the fairy. "I am going to leave you here to take care of the house.
“沒錯!”仙女回答說,“我要把你留在這兒照看這間房子。
Come inside, and I will tell you what you must do each day."
進來吧,讓我來給你說說每天你必須要做的事。”
Taking Irene into a pleasant little bedroom, the fairy said to her," Every morning you must open the windows wide to let in the air.
仙女帶著艾琳進入一間舒適的小臥室,然后對她說:“每天早上,你必須打開窗戶通風,
Then you must make the bed and dust the room well."
接著你要收拾好床,將房間打掃干凈。”
"This is the parlor," said the fairy, opening a door," Every day you must clean the floor and dust the table and chairs.
仙女打開了一扇門,說道:“這是客廳,你必須每天打掃地面,擦拭桌子和椅子。
And this is the kitchen," she said, as she took Irene into another room.
這是廚房。”她一邊說一邊帶著艾琳進入另一間屋子。
As the fairy left, she said to the little girl:
仙女離開的時候對小女孩說:
"Be up with the sun and get your work done;
“日出則起,完成工作;
Keep the stove bright and the fire alight.
爐子要亮,火焰要旺。
Here are the brushes, here are the brooms;
這是刷子,那是掃帚;
Here are the dusters for dusting the rooms."
還有撣子,清潔屋子。”