A soldier! a soldier! I'm longing to be:
戰士!戰士!我渴望:
The name and the life of a soldier for me!
以戰士的名義過著戰士的生活,
I would not be living at ease and at play;
我將不再安逸度生、自在玩樂;
True honor and glory I'd win in my day.
我將贏得生命中真正的榮光和驕傲。
A soldier! a soldier! in armor arrayed;
戰士!戰士!身披鎧甲;
My weapons in hand, of no contest afraid;
手握鋼槍,心無恐懼;
I'd ever be ready to strike the first blow,
我已整裝待發,
And to fight my way through the ranks of the foe.
殺入敵人的隊伍。
But then, let me tell you, no blood would I shed,
但我告訴你,沒有血途,
No victory seek o'er the dying and dead;
我絕不在死亡中尋找勝利;
A far braver soldier than this would I be;
我要成為一個更加勇敢的戰士;
A warrior of Truth, in the ranks of the free.
在自由之列中為真理而戰的勇士。
A soldier! a soldier! Oh, then, let me be!
戰士!戰士!噢,讓我成為這樣一位戰士吧!
My friends, I invite you, enlist now with me.
我的朋友,我邀請你,和我一起入伍,
Truth's bands shall be mustered, love's foes shall give way!
為真理而戰的隊伍正在集結,愛的敵人將會聞風而逃!
Let's up, and be clad in our battle array!
起來吧,加入到我們的斗爭之列中!