A Holiday From School
學校假期
Tommy hates school and is always looking for excuses not to go.
湯米討厭上學,總是找借口不去上學。
He spends more time at home than at school.
他在家的時間比在學校長。
On the days he has to go to school,
有幾天他不得不去上學,
he looks for excuses to come home early.
他找借口早點回家。
One day he comes home from school in the middle of the day.
有一天,他中午就回到了家。
His father is surprised. "You're home early, is the school closed today?"
父親非常驚訝,你今天回來得真么早,學校今天不上課嗎?
"No. Dad," Tommy says. "It's open. I came home early. "
“沒有。爸爸,”湯米說。“今天上學,可是我早回來了。
"How can you do that? What do you say to the teacher?"
“你怎么能這樣做?你對老師說什么了?
"I told her that I had a new baby brother
“我告訴她,我有了個小弟弟
and that I had to come home and help you. "
我回家幫你。”
"But your mother has had twins, " his father says,
“但是你媽媽生了一對雙胞胎,”他的父親說,
"you've got a baby brother and a baby sister. "
“你有一個小弟弟和小妹妹?!?/p>
"Yes, I know, Dad," Tommy says.
“是的,我知道,爸爸,”湯姆說。
"I'm saving up my baby sister for next week. "
“我正在為下周的小妹妹攢錢。
WORD BANK
詞匯表
hate
憎恨
excuse
理由
spend
花費;度過;消磨
closed
關閉的