98. I'll Face the Music
我將面對現實
Scene 1
場景1
John:I broke my sister's mirror. I'm sure it'll get her back up. I really don't know how I can escape the punishment .
約翰:我把我姐姐的鏡子。我相信它會讓她回來起來。我真的不知道我怎么能逃脫懲罰。
Tom:You'd better tell your sistei what happened and face the music.
湯姆:你最好告訴你的妹妹發生了什么事,面對事實。
Scene 2
場景2
Man:I'm sorry. Is that bicycle yours?
男:對不起。那輛自行車是你的嗎?
Tom:Yes, it is. What about it?
湯姆:是的,它是。我們如何?
Man:I backed into it while I was trying to get into the parking lot.
男人:我支持到它當我在試圖進入 停車場。
Tom :I see.
湯姆:我明白了。
Man:I'm really sorry. I'll face the music.
男:我真的很抱歉。我將面對音樂。
Tom:Where did you hit it?
湯姆:你在哪里打?
Man:Right here. See the scratch?
男:就在這里。看到劃痕嗎?
Tom:Oh, Yes, I see it now.
湯姆:哦,是的,我看到了。
WORD BANK
face the music承擔自己行為的
后果
get somebody's back up使某人生
氣、惱怒
escape/is'keip/v逃脫;逃跑
punishment n.懲罰
parking lot停車場
scratch n.刮痕;擦傷