94.Believe It or Not
愛信不信
Scene 1
場景1
Tom :Can you do push-ups?
湯姆:你能做俯臥撐嗎?
David :Of course I can. It's a piece of cake! Believe it or not, I can do 30 push-ups a minute.
大衛:我當然可以。這是一塊蛋糕!相信它或沒有, 我可以做30個俯臥撐一分鐘。
Tom :Really? I think that's impossible !
湯姆:真的嗎?我認為這是不可能的!
David:You mean 30 push-ups?
大衛:你的意思是三十個俯臥撐嗎?
Tom :Yeah !
湯姆:是啊!
David:It's easy. If you do exercise every day, you can make it. too.
大衛:很容易。如果你每天鍛煉,你可以使它。太。
Scene 2
場景2
David :What's the best way downtown?
大衛:什么是最好的方式去市中心嗎?
Pedestrian: Let me see. It depends.
行人:讓我看看。這取決于。
David :Depends? Depends on what?
大衛:依賴?取決于什么?
Pedestrian:If you are in a hurry, you should take a taxi.
行人:如果你有急事,你應該乘出租車。
David :Is that expensive?
大衛:那是昂貴的嗎?
Pedestrian:Yes, very. Believe it or not. it will cost you more than one hundred dollars.
行人:是的,非常。信不信由你。它將花費你更多 超過一百美元。
David :I am in no particular hurry.
大衛:我不會特別快。
Pedestrian:Take a bus then. It will only cost you 5 dollars.
行人:坐公共汽車然后。這只會花費你5美元。
David :That's not so bad.
大衛:那不是那么糟糕。
WORD BANK
詞匯回顧
believe it or not信不信由你
downtown/'daun'taun/adv 往商
業區;往市中心
pedestrian n.行人
Let me see.讓我想想。
depend v(常與on,
upon連用)視情況而定
in a hurry匆忙
particular/pa'tikjul?/adj,特殊