go dutch
各付各的
dutch courage
酒后之勇
Have you told her about your feelings?
你向她表白了嗎?
Not yet.It's kind of scary.Maybe I should have a drink first.
還沒呢。挺可怕的。也許我得先喝點酒壯壯膽子。
Oh,come on.Who needs Dutch courage? Be a real man and tell her!
誰需要酒后愚勇啊?做個真正的男人,直接告訴她!
dutch comfort
通過“比上有余”的方式來“ 冷”安慰別人的話語
Mark and l are over.I caught him in bed with Ursula.
Mark 和我分手了。我發現他和Ursula上床。
Welll.It could have been worse. At least you two weren't married.
還不算最糟糕。至少你們兩個沒結婚。
Is this supposed to make me feel better? You know,I've just been through a trauma.
你這么說是讓我好過嗎?我可是剛經歷了巨大的創傷。
Dutch comfort is so not what I need right now.
現在不需要冷冰冰的安慰。
What do you expect me to say?
你想讓我說什么呢?
I'm sorry to hear that ? I feel your pain? I've warned you about Mark.You wouldn't listen yo me.
我很抱歉聽到你們分手的消息?我理解你的痛苦?我早就叫你小心Mark這個家伙了。你就是聽不進去。
Dam it .why can't you just be a friend for once?
你就不能做個朋友,無條件支持我一下啊?
dutch uncle
批評起來毫不留情、不給批評對象任何臺階下的嚴厲之人
Most of the judges love your dish.
大多數評委都非常喜歡你的菜。
Frederick wasn't impressed though.
Frederick倒是覺得很一般。
He said it was bland boring and nothing special.
他說它很平淡、乏味,沒什么特別之處。
How dare he say that?
他怎么敢這么說?
Who the heck does he think he is?
他以為他是誰啊?
Well. he always talks to me like a dutch uncle.
他跟我講話也一向是這么不留情面的。
That's just the way he is.He wasn't trying to trash your dish.
他就是這么個人。他不是故意要貶低你的菜。
He honestly thought it was nothing special.
只是真的覺得它很普通。