come/go with the territory
必然隨之而來,無法逃避的結果
How do you like your new job as an editor?
覺得這份編輯的新工作怎么樣啊?
l love it!It feels great to see an article come out exactly the way I want it to .
我非常喜歡!看到文章可以完全按我的要求發表出來的感覺實在太棒了。
Gives me a whole lot of satisfaction.
有很大的滿足感。
But I guess you have to deal with the reporters'complaints on a daily basis, right?
但我想你肯定要天天對抱怨吧?
I used to be one and I always hated it when my editor changed my wording or even my punctuation.
我以前當過記者。每次編輯改我的用詞甚至是候,我都很不爽!
Oh yeah, you are right.It comes with the territory,so that 's fine by me.
你說的沒錯。不過既然當了編輯,這是肯定逃不掉的事,所以我不介意。
Plus, if you can't take any heat,you shouldn't be an editor in the first place.
再說,如果你完全不能應付這樣的情況,你顯然也不該坐編輯的位置。
Come to think of it,Lance Bass. T. R. Knight and Neil Parrick Harris were all forced to come out of the closet in 2006.
回想他們在2006年都是被迫出柜的。
lt's really unfortunate I mean ,sexual orientatian is such a private mattter.
真是不幸,性取向斯非常私人的事。
Why can't people just leave them alone?
大家為什么就不能有他們去呢?
I agree with you,It's sad but inevitable.They are celebrities after all.
我同意你的觀點,這很不幸,但是不可避免。他們畢竟是明星。
And the public scrutiny on the private matters simply goes with the territory.
而公眾對于他們隱私的偷窺是無法逃避的。
I don't think I will ever be a star.
我想我永遠不會成為明星。
Me either,I rather not worry about hidden cameras when I am in the bathroom.
我也是,我不會擔心廁所里的隱藏攝像頭。
Yeah,That's a way to put it.
這是一種放攝像頭的方法。
How was your Chinese New Year?
春節過得如何?
Did you get any red envelopes?
有沒有收到紅包?
Yeah.I got a deccnt amount of money,but honestly,I'm never fond of this holiday.
收到了,錢還不少,不過說實話,我從來不喜歡這個節日。
Why's that?
為什么啊?
Because you get to see those relatives you only see once or twice a year.
因為你會見到那些一年才見一兩次的親戚。
And they always ask the same questions: Do you have a girllriend yet?
他們總是問同樣的問題:你有沒有女朋友啊?
When are you going to get married? Are you going to have a baby? Uh
你什么時候結婚啊?你準不準備要孩子啊?唉……
Ha, I know what you are talking about,but that's Chinese New Year for you. Comes with the territory.
哈,我懂你的意思嘛,就是這樣的。躲也躲不了。