He was his doctor, and he became his friend.
父親是他的醫生 后來成了他的朋友
It's hardly surprising, they were both artists.
這也不奇怪 他們都是藝術家
They liked the same painters.
他們喜歡同一類畫家
They understood each other.
互相理解和欣賞
When father invited Vincent's brother and their family for Sunday lunch,
父親一天請文森特和弟弟一家吃午飯
Vincent joked about my father was the third brother.
文森特還開玩笑說 我父親是他另一個兄弟
Cheers everyone.
各位 干杯吧
So you were like one big family than?
聽起來你們親得像一家人一樣
He painted here sometimes.
他有時候會過來畫畫
It was part of the treatment my father recommended.
這是我爸爸推薦的一種治療方法
But, we didn't socialize.
但我跟他交往不深
So when you went to the river, that wasn't socializing?
你們一起去游河 還不算交往深嗎
The river? The boatman says you took a boat together,
游河? 船夫說你們倆經常一起坐船
said it looked like you knew each other pretty well.
他說看上去你們倆關系很好
Well people think they see all sorts of things in this village.
村里的人以為自己什么都清楚
Must've been some other girl.
游船的肯定是別的女孩
Told you I barely knew him.
我跟你說了 我跟他走得不近
It was father he was here for.
我父親才是他要來找的人
They were like minds.
他們志趣相投
They agreed on everything.
兩個人非常合拍
Everything really?
合拍 真的嗎
Ravoux girl said Vincent and Dr. Gachet argued.
拉烏家的女兒說文森特和加歇醫生吵過架
My you really have been slumming it.
天啊 你還真去逛貧民窟了
I don't care for village gossip.
我可不關心這些坊間傳聞
She said people saw Vincent storming out of here
她說有人看見文森特怒氣沖沖地
not long before his death, and your dad was running after him.
從你們家走了出來 你的父親在后面追趕他
So what?
那又怎么樣
You think there was some argument with my father
你以為文森特是因為跟我父親
and that's why Vincent is dead?
起了爭執才自殺的?
You think it's my father's fault do you?
你覺得那是我父親的錯 對嗎
I didn't say that.
我沒這么說
I think it would be best if you leave now.
我覺得你現在可以離開了
Good day.
再見