Allow me to explain.
讓我來解釋一下
Your husband is only alive
你丈夫之所以能活著
because a machine is breathing for him.
全靠那臺機器維持他的呼吸
If that machine should fail,
機器一旦發生故障
in under two minutes, your husband would be dead.
兩分鐘之內 你的丈夫就會死掉
Forgive me if I speak plainly.
原諒我的直白
Do I make myself clear?
我說得夠清楚了嗎
I'll be sad to go, of course, after all these years.
我也很舍不得這里 畢竟生活了這么多年
But since Muriel died, I can't seem to get on top of things.
但穆里爾去世后 我真的沒法留在這里了
Things can run away from you, you know.
物是人非了 你懂的
Yes.
我懂
It's a lot of work. Is the roof sound?
這里需要好好翻修一下 屋頂還好嗎
Some of it.
一部分還行
Why are so many of the windows bricked up?
為什么很多窗戶都封起來了
Ah. Oh, yes, those are my rooms.
噢 對 那些都是我的房間
Muriel said it saved such a lot on the heating bills.
穆里爾說這樣可以節省暖氣費
Did she?
是嗎
Well, it's a lot of work, but it might do.
這里需要好好翻修 但也還說得過去
The thing is, I haven't got £12000,
問題是 我沒有一萬兩千英鎊
or anywhere near that, really.
遠遠不夠
I'd take 11, or even 10.
我可以降到一萬一 或者一萬
All I can manage is seven.
我只付得起七千
Seven? Cash.
七千嗎 現金
And then you'd be rid of the place forever.
然后你就可以徹底擺脫這里了
And Muriel.
還有穆里爾
Yes. Really?
行 真的嗎
Yes. Yes.
真的