您現在的位置: 首頁 > 影視英語 > 歐美電影 > 表情奇幻冒險 > 正文
appointment with sb
a formal arrangement to meet or visit sb at a particular time, especially for a reason connected with their work
約會;預約;約定
She made an appointment for her son to see the doctor.
她為兒子約定了看醫生的時間。
I've got a dental appointment at 3 o'clock.
我約了下午3點看牙醫。
an appointment with my lawyer
與我的律師的約定
to keep an appointment
準時赴約
work on sb
work on sth
to have the result or effect that you want
奏效;產生預期的結果(或作用)
The pills the doctor gave me aren't working.
醫生給我的藥片不管事。
My plan worked, and I got them to agree.
我的計劃奏效了,我讓他們同意了。
His charm doesn't work on me (= does not affect or impress me).
我不為他的魅力所動。
turn out
to happen in a particular way; to develop or end in a particular way
…地發展(或發生);結果…
Despite our worries everything turned out well.
盡管我們都很擔心,結果一切都順利。
You never know how your children will turn out.
很難說子女將來的發展怎樣。

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: