I expected to see you a few days ago about the Manor House case
我以為幾天前會因為領主莊園的案子見到你呢
I thought you might be a little out of your depth there
我覺得那案子你會有點力不從心
No, I solved it
沒有 我解決了
It was Adams of course. Yes, it was Adams
肯定是亞當斯 是亞當斯
Murderous jealousy
嫉妒殺人
He'd written a paper for the Royal Astronomical Society on the obliquity of the ecliptic and then read another that seemed to surpass it
他給皇家天文學會寫了一篇關于黃赤交角的論文 然后又讀到另一篇寫的比他好的
I know, I read it
我知道 我讀了
Did you understand it?
你看明白了嗎
Yes, of course, I understood it, it was perfectly simple
我當然明白了很淺顯易懂
No, did you understand the murderous jealousy?
不是你明白嫉妒殺人嗎
It is no easy thing for a great mind to contemplate a still greater one
一個偉大的大腦去考慮一個更偉大的大腦可不容易
Did you summon me here just to humiliate me?
你召我來就是為了羞辱我嗎
Yes
是的
Of course not but it is by far the greater pleasure
當然不是 但這是最大的樂趣
Then would you mind explaining exactly why you did summon?
那你能不能解釋下為什么要召
Our way of life is under threat from an invisible enemy
我們的生活方式受到了一個無形敵人的威脅
One that hovers at our elbow on a daily basis
他們每天都常伴我們身邊
These enemies are everywhere, undetected and unstoppable
這些敵人無處不在 無人發現 無法阻止
Socialists?
社會主義者
Not socialists. Doctor, no
不是社會主義者 醫生 不是
Anarchists? No
無政府主義者 不是
The French? The suffragists?
法國人 婦女參政權論者
Is there any large body of people you're not concerned about?
還有什么大規模團體是你不擔心的嗎
Dr. Watson is endlessly vigilant
華生醫生永遠心懷警惕