Mary has been identified as a math prodigy
瑪麗被認為是數學天才
But her formal math education under your care
但在你的監護下 她接受的正規數學教育
she's learning at the first grade level, isn't she?
只是一年級水平 對嗎
Yes
是的
And you turned down a scholarship at the Oaks
而你拒絕了橡樹學校的獎學金
a school specializing in the education of gifted children?
一所專門教育天才兒童的學校
Yes
是的
And Diane, she'd be fine with that?
黛安對此會同意嗎
I couldn't say
我沒法說
Prior to Mrs Adler giving her one, did Mary have a computer?
阿德勒夫人給瑪麗電腦前 她自己有電腦嗎
She used mine
她用我的電腦
Mr Adler, does Diane's daughter have her own bedroom?
阿德勒先生 黛安的女兒有自己的臥室嗎
No
沒有
Does she sleep in a bed that you bought in a secondhand shop?
她睡的床是不是你從二手店買的
Yes
是的
So the truth is, Mr Adler, that you didn't come down here because your sister wanted you to
那么事實就是 阿德勒先生 你搬到這里不是因為你姐姐希望你搬來
and you certainly didn't come here because it was good for Mary
也不是因為這是為了瑪麗著想
No, it was personal
不 是出于私人感情
Diane was a star. You weren't
黛安是明星 而你不是
Diane got the attention. You didn't
黛安受人關注 而你沒有
And over the years, you got angry
這些年來 你變得易怒
And here comes Mary
后來有了瑪麗
What a great way to get even
真是報復的好機會
You've uprooted that little girl and brought her here for one reason only
你把那小女孩帶到這里 只有一個原因
To do harm to your mother
是為了傷害你母親
You blamed her for your sister
你把姐姐的死怪在她身上
No, I don't
我沒有
And Mary to you is just a pawn in all this. Isn't she?
瑪麗只是你用來報復的工具 是嗎
Diane wanted Mary to be a kid
黛安希望瑪麗做個普通孩子