Mr. Adler, where are you currently employed?
阿德勒先生 你目前在哪里工作
I repair boats
我修船
Oh, really? At which marina?
是嗎 在哪個船塢
I don't work at a marina, I freelance
不是船塢 我是打零工的
So, safe to say, no health insurance
那么你沒有醫療保險
No
沒有
About a week before your sister took her life, what were you doing for a living then?
你姐姐自殺之前大約一周 你是做什么職業的
I was a teacher
我是老師
You're being modest, aren't you?
這話太謙虛了吧
You were a professor at Boston University, isn't that right?
你當時是波士頓大學的教授 是嗎
Yes, well. Assistant Professor
是的 是助理教授
And what'd you teach?
你教什么
Philosophy
哲學
Truth and logic. That sort of thing
事實和邏輯 這方面內容的吧
Your attorney said that the primary reason that you took Mary is because it was what your sister would have wanted you to do
你的律師說你收養瑪麗主要原因是你姐姐 希望你這么做
Is that the truth?
這是事實嗎
Yes
是的
So, Diane had visited Pinellas County before?
那么黛安以前來過Pinellas縣
No
沒有
Indicated she wanted her daughter uprooted and moved here?
她說過希望女兒搬到這里嗎
No
沒有
No
沒有
So you decided to bring Mary here, didn't you?
那么是你決定把瑪麗帶到這里 是不是
Did Diane have a problem with your health plan at Boston University?
黛安對你在波士頓大學的醫療保險有異議嗎
Not to my knowledge
據我所知沒有
Do you think she would want her daughter to have access to healthcare?
你覺得她會希望女兒有醫療保險嗎
Of course
當然
So what do you do when little Mary gets sick?
那么瑪麗生病的時候你怎么辦
You repair a doctor's boat?
去給醫生修船嗎
Objection. Sustained
我反對 反對有效